We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pavas hotels - HELP

Silverthorne...
Level Contributor
615 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Pavas hotels - HELP

We would like to stay near Pavas as we have family there. We have stayed at Casa Lima before and loved it but we are looking for a little more. We'd love a pool and to be walking distance to shops and restaurants. We would also need secure parking.

I found Rincon de Valle which looks like it ticks all our boxes (but without charm). Any other suggestions around $85/night per room? We need two rooms so we would like to keep the price down. We will be staying 6/15-6/19 in the San Jose area.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pavas hotels - HELP

Look at Isla Verde. It's in Pavas - but I don't remember if they have a pool.

My question: If you have family in Pavas, can't they help you with some hotel suggestions?

Silverthorne...
Level Contributor
615 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pavas hotels - HELP

Have you stayed at the hotel located down your street? I haven't. There are many hotels within a few miles from my home (I live in a resort community) and I couldn't tell you the names of them or amenities they offer (many of them aren't chain hotels). Nor would I have experience staying at those hotels. Hence, why I am asking TA:)

Can anyone please advise on other hotels close to Pavas with a pool, within walking distance to shops and restaurants (or one restaurant at any rate). Casa Lima, where we stayed before, isn't walking distance to anything and doesn't have a pool. Isla Verde doesn't have a pool either.

I realize there aren't many options, but there seems to be "mom and pop" sort of places, thought I would see if anyone knows of a hidden gem.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pavas hotels - HELP

Well, yes, I do know about the hotels that are close to where I live.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pavas hotels - HELP

Maybe someone will jump in and give you some good answers - but if not, maybe your family can ask around or ask a couple of taxi drivers?

Silverthorne...
Level Contributor
615 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pavas hotels - HELP

Yes, maybe I will ask them to flag some taxis down to ask them about hotels. Good idea.

San Jose, Costa Rica
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Pavas hotels - HELP

try casa roland or Colors end of rohrmoser blvd,. Colors has a pool not sure about best western Casa Roland

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,474 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pavas hotels - HELP

Isla verde hotel...good restaurant next door...good location...just common sense in thst area...

also close not really cheap...hotel San Jose Palacio by Barcelo htels ask for a corporate rate...

roadadvisor

8. Re: Pavas hotels - HELP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 05:17