We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

costa rica vacation in mid June

Which San Jose hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Topic
costa rica vacation in mid June

What I expect of the weather?

What is the cheapest and best way to get from San Jose to Arenal

Arenal to Liberia

Liberia to San Jose?

What company should I get for transfers is it better to book online ahead of time or when I get to costa rica?

Thank you!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,839 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: costa rica vacation in mid June

Mostly sunny, with afternoon showers, possible rain during nights. Humidity is high. Cheapest way to travel in Costa Rica is by local bus transportation system. Best way depends on each individual. Shuttle transfers companies are plenty, and they do serve all your locations. Search this site or web for addresses. In June there should be always some place on the shuttle. More of a problem will be if the shuttle will not start due to lack of passengers. If your dates are set then book in advance. If not, wait. Price will be same in both occasions.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
39 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: costa rica vacation in mid June

We are visiting the Arenal area now .staying in El Castillo..We drove here from Liberia..I suggest you think about renting a car. very easy to drive here.and much to see..no waiting for buses or tours

We used Vamos Rental Car Co.they met us @airport...very happy with the service. free gps.free cooler.free phone..

Hope this helps you enjoy your trip..Costa Rica is amazing..we have been here only 5 days.and have experienced so much..

Enjoy your trip....

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,196 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: costa rica vacation in mid June

If you plan to use a shared shuttle for the 1st leg of your trip be sure and book it before arrival. Check www.interbusonline.com Shuttles run on a fixed schedule once or twice a day and you can't count on a seat if you just show up. The shuttles also are not allowed to pickup at the airport. The closest spot is the Hampton Inn a 5 minute taxi from SJO.

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: costa rica vacation in mid June

Thanx everyone for your advice! I am so nervous as this trip is my first on my own with just one other female friend. We are excited, Wish us luck and thanks a million!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,839 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: costa rica vacation in mid June

Safe travel!

6. Re: costa rica vacation in mid June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 05:15