We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants Near US Embassy

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants Near US Embassy

I'm looking for recommendations for restaurants (inexpensive, preferably not vegan/vegetarian) located near the US Embassy. Thank you!

Portsmouth, Virginia
Level Contributor
276 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants Near US Embassy

How near? If 6-8 blocks west isn't too far, Las Marias Sabor Peruano, is my favorite place in Pavas. It is west of the Embassy on Blvd Pavas, same side of the road(right hand as you head down), a half block past the intersection where the Feria is held, across from the Pali. Red sign and awning. Rotisserie chicken roasted over coffee wood is Maria's specialty. Best before 3 pm, casado and naturale, 2,500 colones.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants Near US Embassy

That sounds definitely within our range, both distance and price. Thanks for the suggestion!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,644 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants Near US Embassy

Many options....I like Isla Verde ...great Chinese...or the chicken across from the Embassy

roadadvisor

Portsmouth, Virginia
Level Contributor
276 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants Near US Embassy

Even though the traffic is heavy there you can park right in front if you're driving, or ring the bell on the bus 100 mtrs before the Pali. ...the parada is very close.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
734 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants Near US Embassy

Exiting the embassy, cross the street and about a half block down to the right is a very good typico restaurant. I think it's called La Granja.

Portsmouth, Virginia
Level Contributor
276 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants Near US Embassy

In the food court of Plaza Major is a typico soda with reasonable prices. Again better at lunch than later, a touch more pricey than Maria's. I've tried the typico place mentioned above. It's okay but Maria's gets my vote for quality, quantity and price.

7. Re: Restaurants Near US Embassy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 06:17