We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tahiti package vs

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
13 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Tahiti package vs

Just wanted to know had anyone calculated how much cheaper it is to book your own trip vs go away.com packages?

Ex: 3 night BB plus 5 night Moorea all air (from LAX), transportation, hotel, etc. is $5500 for two.

Can I save money if I do my own arrangement?

Thx A

Mentioned in this post
Moorea
Moorea
Society Islands, French Polynesia
4 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
990 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tahiti package vs

Opinions both ways. I used a TA last trip and it was cheaper than booking myself and others have the opposite option so do your own research. Be careful to buy insurance if you book non-refundable. Also early booking discounts help a lot so try to take advantage of that. Watch for weather and seasons when comparing prices. The Tahiti experts can give you a real education

Mentioned in this post
Tahiti
Tahiti
Temecula, California
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tahiti package vs

That price seems very low to me. We are going on this same vacation in July and just our air fare is about $4200.00 from Los Angles and flights to both islands . Obviously the time of year and how early you book is a factor. Also, some resorts are definitely much better and a lot more expensive than others and you will need to do your research on what resorts this package includes. Just as an example, we are staying on Moorea for 4 nights and BB for 5 nights in a over water bungalows that are rated 4 stars. With air fare and resort fees, our trip will be 3 times the amount you were quoted. We used a travel agent that specializes in Tahiti vacations and has been there many times which is always a benefit.

Mentioned in this post
Moorea
Moorea
Tahiti
Tahiti
Madison WI
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tahiti package vs

John,

I thought I saw flights from LAX & SFO for under $900 as a special price on this website, seems like a new flight option (French Bee"?) offered better prices and Air Tahiti lowered their prices. Look back at the Bora Bora board and look at the SFO airfare post.

Mentioned in this post
Tahiti
Tahiti
Bora Bora
Bora Bora
Temecula, California
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tahiti package vs

yes, I do believe that the French Bee will provide a cheaper option. They have a few limited flights each week and could prove to be a viable option over time. The biggest unknown will be what resort and what accommodations are included in the package. From my research, OWB, garden bungalows and beach bungalows are expensive in all the resorts with some being very expensive. It really depends on your budget and what kind of experience you want to have. I'm sure there are resorts or hotels that provide a good experience at a much more reasonable price without staying in the Bungalows. I'm sure its worth looking into to see what is offered in the package and I'm sure others will chime in with more information.

Reply to: Tahiti package vs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted