We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dance spectacle at Meridien Papeete

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
dance spectacle at Meridien Papeete

Bonjour

I will have an opportunity to see the dance spectacle at the Meridien on a Friday night next March. Is it worth it or is there a better show someplace on Moorea? I'll be on Moorea from a Friday to Tuesday night.

Merci,

nancy

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dance spectacle at Meridien Papeete

Yes the dance show at the LeMeridien is quite nice. I have seen it twice. The most spectacular show we saw was at the Tiki Village. Quite, quite impressive. Well worth the money. There are some posts on this Forum not to eat at the Tiki Village. A few years ago there was a bit of a problem with the food. That is no longer an issue. If Jan Prince takes her house guests there you can trust that there is no problem. The Polynesian show is quite a spectacle and the food is the most authentic you will get anywhere. My husband thought that the Whale & Dolphin watching tour with Dr. Michael Poole and the Tiki Village was the most value of any excursion we took. Definitley do the evening show at the Tiki Village. It is just beautiful.

Regards

BO

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dance spectacle at Meridien Papeete

Thanks Bo,

I'll hold out and see the spectacle at the Tiki Village in Moorea. Sounds wonderful. Not that I'm opposed to seeing both but from a budget standpoint, I need to watch my money.

I've already booked with Dr. Poole for the dolphin excursion and I've very excited about that. There won't be whales in March but he said there's a 95 percent chance to see dolphins.

Any other must-sees on Tahiti and Moorea? I'm considering some type of circle tour on Tahiti and a 4x4 tour on Moorea. I know people like the lagoon tour on Moorea -- is it worth it for a full day? I will be out with Dr. Poole and 13 days on the Aranui -- I may want to focus a bit on land-based activities -- like a spa!!!

nancy

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dance spectacle at Meridien Papeete

We just did a private tour in Moorea 3 weeks ago. Going with a local and getting the history, see the sites and being able to ask any questions you may have not being in a group was quite a treat. I can give you my contact if you are interested. Where are you staying in Moorea?

Regards Bo

4. Re: dance spectacle at Meridien Papeete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 06:24