We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tahiti Sun Travel Network Parasailing

Merced, CA
1 post
Save Topic
Tahiti Sun Travel Network Parasailing

Has anyone ever used this company for Parasailing? We are going to be in Bora Bora for a day on a cruise and want to go parasailing. I don't want to prepay for this unless I know if it's a reputable company.

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tahiti Sun Travel Network Parasailing

I'm pretty sure that's who we used. Let me check tonight because I still have their card at home.

I can't believe they will let you prepay because with the weather uncertainty, we didn't even know if we could go up until we got off the shuttle at the boat dock. You might let them know you only have one day to do it and find out about reimbursement if the weather doesn't cooperate.

Anyway, I'll let you know tonight who we used, because they were very nice.

Tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
186 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tahiti Sun Travel Network Parasailing

Well, I thought we did, but we used Bora Bora Parasail. They were very good, professional, and there was only one other couple on the boat (definitely go up together!). But, I will tell you that the 300m was a LONG time up. My husband got a little queasy toward the end. There is a 100m option, too.

If you are using this as a tour to see the island, you won't see the whole thing. It's a cool experience, but I wouldn't do it again. It's very expensive (please don't ask me how much because I ignored the exchange rate on purpose), but I would totally recommend doing a tour that takes you around by boat. Even the Lagoonarium tour goes around the island.

Sorry to give you unrelated input, but maybe it will help someone else or maybe you will be able to use this company (not sure how the cruise does it). Regardless, I wouldn't be concerned because I doubt there are any non-reputable companies that are recommended by resorts/cruises.

Have fun!!!

3. Re: Tahiti Sun Travel Network Parasailing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 07:20