We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paying for AirTahiti AirPass

Aurora, Illinois
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Paying for AirTahiti AirPass

I just booked with Travel Portfolio AirPass reservations for inter island flights in Tahiti and I was told that I needed to send a check for payment. I am a bit skeptical about this practice. Just wanted to know if this is common practice with AirTahiti?

Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paying for AirTahiti AirPass

It is--but my husband sent them a release form faxed in and got it charged on our credit card. So persist and there is a way to pay by credit card.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
332 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paying for AirTahiti AirPass

I paid by credit card and they never gave me a hard time for it. They just emailed my the form and I faxed it back. Very easy.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
640 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paying for AirTahiti AirPass

Do you have to fax the form back? I don't have access to a fax machine but I can email or use Paypal or any credit card. In the past (other travel providers), what I have done is email my credit card number in 2 or 3 emails for security. Or I could phone it in if I had to but would prefer not to have to do this.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
332 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paying for AirTahiti AirPass

I had to fax it back because they wanted a copy of my credit card (front and back) so I could not email. You can usually have access to fax machine at post offices (here in Canada anyway, don't know in the US). You must have a friend with a fax, don't you?!!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
640 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paying for AirTahiti AirPass

Not in my geographical area. I wonder if I can just use Expedia instead and pay online? Or are there other pay online options? Aussie travel agents quoted $100 more than the official price to issue the tickets as stand-alones, not part of a package.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
640 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paying for AirTahiti AirPass

I just realized the OP refers to "Travel Portfolio AirPass" and this is not what I am asking about.

All we want is RT Tahiti-Bora Bora and we can use either Air Tahiti direct or possibly USA Expedia as for some reason they aren't available on Aussie Expedia. US Expedia is quoting $412 per person, no booking fee and I think it's an E-ticket.

Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
967 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Paying for AirTahiti AirPass

Local rate when paying in FP at air tahiti agency is 28500 cfp return, are you talking us or aus$?

8. Re: Paying for AirTahiti AirPass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2010, 05:16