We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where exactly is Outumaoro?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
639 posts
241 reviews
Save Topic
Where exactly is Outumaoro?

I tried Google maps, couldn't find it. I am looking for the EXACT location of the Outumaoro bus/le truck.

Is there any kind of bus map online or at least a tourist map that shows this?

I found bus schedules here.

www.tahiti-tourisme.pf/articles.php…

The map at the top of this page shows a red line and an orange line which I am guessing are the routes but I can't zoom in on them.

Is the red line the Outumaoro one?

Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
967 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where exactly is Outumaoro?

The orange and green lines are the areas where runs the regular bus company, green being East and orange being West. the red line is for le truck, the old wooden bus that runs from the back of the Papeete market to Outumaoro and back which is the area say from the Beachcomber to a parking across from the carrefour (visible on GE as a huge white square)

So when on GE, try locate the airstrip, South of that (across the little bay) is the Hotel Beachcomber, just a little further South is the Sofitel (you'll see a roundabout and keep going South just a little further to a big white square building with a huge parking lot, that is the Carrefour shopping centre. When le truck comes back from Papeete it goes past the Carrefour until the next roundabout a little more South where you'll the yachtclub, Marina Taina and it will return from there to the parking across from the Carrefour which is it's end and starting point

Brisbane
Level Contributor
639 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where exactly is Outumaoro?

Thanks Poehere! I didn't think to use the satellite view, I was using the map view. There is a large white square that must be the Carrefour and further down, I see what appears to be a marina. That was really helpful!

3. Re: Where exactly is Outumaoro?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2010, 06:19