We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Moorea from PPT - Need Suggestions

Florida
6 posts
Save Topic
Day trip to Moorea from PPT - Need Suggestions

Good morning,

My husband and are are planning a day trip over to Moorea next week from PPT. Since it's our first trip, we'd love some recommendations on the best way to get from our hotel (Le Meridian) to the ferry in PPT, an idea of the RT ferry costs, and then what to do once in Moorea - things like how to get around, suggested spots etc. Any recommendations would be most appreciated. I've been reading many of the posts here and know many of you will have some great information so thank-you very much in advance for your help.

Cheers!

Helen

Mentioned in this post
Moorea
Moorea
Society Islands, French Polynesia
Faaa Airport
Faaa Airport
Tahiti, French Polynesia
Washington
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
2,542 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Moorea from PPT - Need Suggestions

I can only guess what a taxi fare to the ferry dock would be 2500-4000 cfp. For the ferry www.aremiti.net will give the info you need. I would rent a car on Moorea www.avis-tahiti.com and sen a reservation request to Sandrine. Visit the Juice Factory, Belevdere as you drive around the island.

If you can buy a travel book Tahiti and French Polynesia Guide by Jan Prince 5th ed in time for your trip.

Mentioned in this post
Moorea
Moorea
Tahiti
Tahiti
French Polynesia
French Polynesia
South Pacific
santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,562 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Moorea from PPT - Need Suggestions

Excellent advice given by Hamara above :)

I will say that I agree completely that a rental car should be your choice to see the island for the day :) Don't miss the view at Belvedere!

sunny regards,

shully

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Vaitape, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Moorea from PPT - Need Suggestions

If you enjoy snorkeling, I'd recommend adding lunch or drinks at the Hilton Moorea and a stop to use their beach-- they have some of the most fabulous shore access snorkeling I've ever enjoyed. If you're as fixated by snorkeling as I am, there are lovely coral gardens right off the beach up the road from the Hilton (the one in a coconut grove); you could also make a stop at Temae Beach and snorkel on over to the Sofitel; and there is easy access to the Pearl's dropoff if you walk down the access road to the left of the hotel (as you face the hotel). I'm sure there are others-- and I'm looking forward to finding them ;)

The other option is to do a motu picnic (like Hiro's What To Do tour) for the shark/ray feeding, island tour by boat, and then a fab motu picnic lunch with snorkeling.

Do make sure tho that your daytrip is not on a Sunday-- I believe the Fruit Juice Factory is closed then.

Mentioned in this post
Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa
Hilton Moorea Lagoon...
3,608 Reviews
Moorea, French Polynesia
Temae Beach
Temae Beach
340 Reviews
Moorea, French Polynesia
Florida
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Moorea from PPT - Need Suggestions

Excellent information everyone, thank-you very much!

5. Re: Day trip to Moorea from PPT - Need Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2010, 05:19