We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pre cruise stay

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
350 posts
1 review
Save Topic
pre cruise stay

We just booked the P.G. 11 night cruise. This will be our first trip to the South pacific and probably won’t have the opportunity to return. After all my research we have decided to do a pre cruise stay and need your expertise with this decision please. We have narrowed it down to three options 1. Through P.G. 2 night pre cruise at I.C. Tahiti ( this is a huge cost savings compared to other options and involves less travel days away from work ) 2. Through P.G. one night in Tahiti (due to late flight) followed by three nights at I.C. Moorea. 3. Book Hilton Moorea and transfers privately. I have read thanks to all your guidance better reviews regarding Hilton Moorea mainly due to snorkeling. We have only snorkeled once and would like to try more but will have lots of opportunity while cruising. Option one and two gives us the reassurance booking through PG that if flights get’s change everything will be looked after. Is the Hilton Moorea that much better than IC Tahiti or IC Moorea ? We would be booking the prem. OWB. Thanks so much for all your assistance and support

Mentioned in this post
Tahiti
Tahiti
Society Islands, French Polynesia
Moorea
Moorea
Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa
Hilton Moorea Lagoon...
3,606 Reviews
Moorea, French Polynesia
San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pre cruise stay

What day & time do you arrive?

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
350 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: pre cruise stay

Our cruise departs jan. 23rd and oops it is 10 night not 11. We are booking flights through PG from LA. and not booked yet, just the cruise. Most flights arrive late eve. We will have 2 days in Moorea on cruise and debating to save the money and just stay in Tahiti. Concerned about booking outside of P.G. Thanks so much.

Mentioned in this post
Moorea
Moorea
Tahiti
Tahiti
San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pre cruise stay

Hummmmm

The IC Tahiti is a great place to hang for a few days. Your cruise takes off on a Wednesday. THe big show at the IC is on Saturday night.

A bit long to arrive on a Friday night and hang around until Wednesday.

You have 2 full days on Moorea.

Personally I would take the red eye on the 22nd which arrives on the 23rd. The PG will give you a free day room for 6 hours as you wait for the shuttle to take you to the ship. Breakfast is tossed in as well.

Mentioned in this post
Tahiti
Tahiti
Moorea
Moorea
Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
350 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: pre cruise stay

Great advice the only problem is I'm not as ambitious as yourself. I think I would need a couple days pre cruise to get settled and over jet lag. I appreciate your comments regarding the IC Tahiti being good for a couple nights. Is the IC Morrea that much better ? Unfortunately it is the difference between 2 and a 4 night stay also. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. We made our big decision to book the cruise and now it is nutty how we are struggling with pre cruise stay.

Mentioned in this post
Tahiti
Tahiti
San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pre cruise stay

I've stayed at both several times. For 2 nights I would stand pat at the IC Tahiti

4 nights and I would go to Moorea

Mentioned in this post
Tahiti
Tahiti
Moorea
Moorea
Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
350 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: pre cruise stay

A couple more questions please what are the pro's and con's of both resorts and for a Prem. OWB at IC Moorea any suggestions for rooms ? We love sun sets and sun rise's. Thanks so much

Mentioned in this post
Moorea
Moorea
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,748 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pre cruise stay

We did 5 nights precruise at the Hilton on Moorea and would recommend it highly, particularly if you are keen on snorkeling. The snorkeling is spectacular.

Mentioned in this post
Moorea
Moorea
San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pre cruise stay

On the room selection my advice would be to lean toward sunset views. Only room that has great views of both would be #87 but that is an expensive bungalow.

82 - 86 & 103 - 109 are great choices.

Stay on the west side as the east side gets a bit of dog barking from the property next door.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
350 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: pre cruise stay

I want to confirm Tikiintahiti please is #87 OWB at IC Moorea what they call premium ? Can you swim off of it ? Besides the resort being in Moorea are there any pro's of the IC Moorea or the IC Tahiti. Thanks so much.

Mentioned in this post
Moorea
Moorea
Tahiti
Tahiti
San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply