We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tahiti Legends Travel Agency

tennessee
Level Contributor
179 posts
233 reviews
Save Topic
Tahiti Legends Travel Agency

I have looked up the agency on the BBB web site - no complaints since 2005. I have been working with an agent that has been with them for the past 15 years. I have found very old posts about them in this forum. They have a brick and mortar location in Santa Ana, CA and I have been told that is important so they are not some fly by night travel agents.

Has anyone booked with them recently that is willing to share their details? It's just a lot of money to pay out not face to face (via credit card with no processing fees or higher rates than cash).

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tahiti Legends Travel Agency

Yes, they are reputable. They are also a Tahiti Tiare certified company from official Tahiti Tourism dept. But, as always, it never hurts to purchase trip insurance to protect against default among other things. I typically use Travel Guard to find a package that gives the coverage I need. Or use InsureMyTrip.com to compare different companies and rates. AND...as always use your credit card for payment (they will help protect you)...do NOT pay with cash!

tennessee
Level Contributor
179 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tahiti Legends Travel Agency

thank you for the quick response. I am thinking I will book with them tomorrow - sans the airfare from the US to Tahiti and back to the US.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tahiti Legends Travel Agency

Just don't do it - the honeymoon was a nightmare!!! So many travel hiccups that just didn't need to happen. I'm not even going to elaborate further because it will just ruin my day. Don't book with them.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tahiti Legends Travel Agency

Actually you probably should elaborate so others can judge if your issues were truly due to the agency or caused by other circumstances outside their control.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tahiti Legends Travel Agency

I booked via a travel agent with them for my honeymoon this past May. I did not have any issues with them. They prepared a nicely formatted itinerary and all the details and requests were honored. I did not shop other agencies, as my travel agent (a Virtuoso agency member) recommended them so not sure how they compete on price. I did have to call them a few times when arranging payment and they were very friendly on the phone.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Tahiti Legends Travel Agency

The honeymoon was a nightmare and my only advice to couples is: 1.) Make sure your flights are all booked seamlessly - Have Tahiti legends book the domestic portion of your trip, not just from LA to PPT, 2.) Don't book through Air France, again, even if it is more expensive - DO NOT fly that airline! (OMG--they are the absolute worst), and 3.) Rangiroa is an island that should be left for advanced/expert divers only. We were beginners and I was kind of disappointed with the island (there is really no good beginner/intermediate diving) and the Kia Ora resort is just ok. Tahiti Legends should have advised us on all of the above. We ended up two days late for our honeymoon (with too much finger pointing because of the way it was all booked), and they did charge us for change fees that were higher than what they should have been (after talking to the airlines). We called them out on this and they refunded our money. In the end, I believe that they had the best intentions of making it right, but not without difficulty.

7. Re: Tahiti Legends Travel Agency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 October 2013, 16:35
8. Re: Tahiti Legends Travel Agency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 October 2013, 16:35
Chaska, Minnesota...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Tahiti Legends Travel Agency

I contacted a local Tahiti certified agent who booked everything thru Tahiti Legends...all the flights, rooms, and excursions. Everything was first class and very smooth. I contacted Tahiti Legends once or twice when my agent was unavailable and found them very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. I would book with them again in a hearbeat.

Edited: 13 October 2013, 22:57
Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
24,998 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tahiti Legends Travel Agency

My partner is a beginner diver and had no issues on Rangiroa, he and the many other beginner/intermediate divers came back raving after each dive. I was limited to snorkeling on the trip due to a medical issue but I found it some of the best snorkeling I've ever done, and I've been around. While the Kia Ora certainly isn't my favorite property in French Polynesia, it was pretty amazing having some of the best snorkeling in the world a five minute boat ride away, the OWB was updated and lovely, and the service top notch. At any rate, I don't agree at all that it's only a place for advanced divers.

Edited: 16 October 2013, 05:45