We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid night Taxi at Tahiti Airport

Guiyang, China
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mid night Taxi at Tahiti Airport

My flight will arrive in Faa'a Airport at 00:05 26 Sep 2014, it'll be a midnight, is there any Taxi service at that time? What's the night rate?

I'll leave for Moorea in the late afternoon of that day, and would like to have a tour around Tahiti, so can some one give an advise, shall I travel by rental car or by some tour company? Thanks.

montreal
Level Contributor
667 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid night Taxi at Tahiti Airport

There should be taxis at the airport to meet your flight, but maybe someone who has arrived at that time could confirm that for you. Where are you going at midnight? Have you booked a hotel? The Tahiti Airport Motel is nothing special, but it is clean, air-conditioned, and serves a light breakfast. You can walk to it from the airport, but it is up hill, 4 flights of stairs, plus a path that winds up the hill.

You can rent a car if you want to see the sights on your own, or you can do the circle island tour with various companies. We did the tour of the interior of the island, it was magical, especially with Teiva as our guide from Tahiti Discovery Tours:

http://tahitidiscovery.com/about/

Teiva is a very special guide, he is perfectly bilingual and has a passion for the island like no other tour guide, he wears traditional dress on his tours. He runs his own company, so if you want to go with him, book early. He does half and full day tours of the interior of the island - by the way this is an eco type tour, you will only see a couple historic sites on the way to the center of the volcano.

Edited: 17 August 2014, 14:55
Guiyang, China
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid night Taxi at Tahiti Airport

Thx a lot. I've booked a hotel in town Papeete, just need to go there. As to Teiva, in fact I did send an enquiry by email snail2000@126.com saying that I don't know the French on the website and want to know more for 2 adults & 1 kid

montreal
Level Contributor
667 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid night Taxi at Tahiti Airport

I don't know why he hasn't translated his site as he is perfectly bilingual. We were a mix of french and english on our tour and he flipped back and forth effortlessly. My french is good enough to know that he was giving both groups the same tour, not skimping on either groups information. His email is:

teiva.tahitidiscovery@gmail.com

By the way, you can copy paste the info into Google translate, it works quite well.

https://translate.google.com

Guiyang, China
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Mid night Taxi at Tahiti Airport

THX. I did send a mail to the email address yesterday, hope can get reply soon. Just need to know if there's taxi there upon our arrival, which is expected at most international airport.

montreal
Level Contributor
667 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mid night Taxi at Tahiti Airport

I would expect there would be since your plane will be full of others looking for taxis, but if you are really concerned you could ask your hotel if they could arrange your transfer.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mid night Taxi at Tahiti Airport

Tahiti Tourisme has an app available free on Google Play that you can use to find land transportation. I use Tahiti Nui Travel's shuttles on Tahiti which can mean a couple of stops to drop off other travellers on the way to my hotel. I've seen recommendations for taxis you can pre-book on another French Polynesia forum online. When I tested relative costs for taxi versus shuttle a couple of years ago I think that for one person it worked out about the same, so a taxi should be more economical for two travelling together.

On Moorea I use Torea Nui Transport for transfers (contact is Fernando, his email address is enttoreanui@mail.pf).

I suspect that the hotels are not allowed to run their own shuttles on Tahiti or Moorea.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
2,328 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mid night Taxi at Tahiti Airport

I suspect that the hotels are not allowed to run their own shuttles on Tahiti or Moorea You are correct.

montreal
Level Contributor
667 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mid night Taxi at Tahiti Airport

They may not run their own taxis, but they could arrange for a taxi to meet you, couldn't they? I had all my hotels and pensions arrange my transfers, including Moorea, Huahine, Raiatea and Bora Bora. In Maupiti the pension picked us up in their boat. On Tahiti I took a cab from the airport.

9. Re: Mid night Taxi at Tahiti Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 07:16