We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Moorea

NC
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ferry to Moorea

I am flying into Tahiti on July 31, 2008 and plan to spend the night before catching the ferry to Moorea the next morning. My husband and I will be going to the Pearl Resort overnight before returning to Tahiti for our cruise the next evening.I read that there are buses that meet the ferry which will take us to the hotel and back. Is this the best plan or can we arrange for the hotel to provide transportation or should we rent a car? We went to Moorea for a day years ago and just rented a car to tour. I didn't know about the buses. We'll have luggage with us, so we want is the reasonable with the least hassle.

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to Moorea

I love adventure so taking the 'Le Truck' would be just fine, I've done it before in the past, no problem. Of course I had one suitcase and a carry-on so it wasn't a big deal but if you have a ton of stuff, I'd book a hotel shuttle which is cheaper than taking a taxi ........

NC
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to Moorea

Thanks, we like adventure too and usually travel pretty lightly. I did want to ask though, does the Le Truck travel clockwise or counterclockwise from the ferry? The ride would be short to the Pearl going counterclockwise and longer the other way. And is there a Le Truck for every ferry that arrives?

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry to Moorea

I would defintley not rely on LeTruck in Moorea for transfers to a resort. It is such a hit or miss.

Speaking from personal experience:)

Regards BO

NC
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry to Moorea

Now I am really confused. It looks like my chances of the bus are 50-50. The owner of the guesthouse where we are staying in Tahiti told me to use the bus. Does anybody else out there have first hand experience with the Le Truck on Moorea?

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry to Moorea

You may want to send an email to the Pearl and address your question to them. They would know best.

emmanuel.cadei@mooreapearlresort.pf

If you are planning to do anything on Moorea besides staying at the Resort a rental car may be worth it to rent a car for 24hrs. Avis rental car is right at the Ferry dock. Food for thought.

Regards

BO

PS......if you are arriving on a sunday there is very limited LeTruck Service.

Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry to Moorea

Oh my that sentence.......but you get the idea about the rental car I hope:):):):):)

Regards BO

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry to Moorea

Ia Orana

I would re contact the owner of the guest house

(assuming that he is on Moorea) He shoudl be more specific about the schedule of le truck being from there (or owning property there). That's a minor detail on the website that has so much importance 9 time is also money while waitting on the side of the road.

meherio

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
1,161 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry to Moorea

If you don't want to take le truck, ask your hotel/guest house about a private transfer service. I originally planned to take le truck but as my luggage grew in number and weight after my Aranui cruise, I asked my pension to arrange a transfer. I think they used Torea Nua (sp?) and they were right there meeting me with my name on a board. It cost 600 francs, about double the bus cost but well worth it in my opinion.

I also rented a car for the day from Avis. They came to pick me up at my pension, then we went to Club Bali Hai to do the paperwork. I had to turn it in by the ferry docks but they drove me back. Well worth the cost. I debated between 4 and 8 hours but was glad I opted for the 8 hours. i would have felt too rushed with only 4 hours as I poked along, stopped in lots of shops, stopped to take photos, etc..

Have fun.....

9. Re: Ferry to Moorea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 06:22