We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intercontinental Resort Moorea

MA
14 posts
Save Topic
Intercontinental Resort Moorea

Just booked a Lanai room at the Intercontinental Resort in Moorea and was wondering if anyone can tell me about the location of these rooms and if they enjoyed them. Any other information on this resort will be appreciated.

Canada
Level Contributor
358 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Intercontinental Resort Moorea

We stayed at this hotel last year and really enjoyed it. Don't know what the lanai rooms are like as we were in a baach front bungalow. The lanai rooms are in 2 storey buildings behind the garden bungalows. Not sure if the upper floor rooms have sea views and I think some of the rooms face the mountains, which are also beautiful. The property is spread out and lovely to walk around. On the main road opposite the hotel driveway entrance there is a small grocery store where you can buy drinks and snacks. We took the 4 x 4 jeep safari of the island which left from the hotel and it was excellent. Before the trip we joined the Intercontinental Priority Club, which I think cost $150 and you get room upgrades at every hotel on arrival, if available. We stayed at IC's in Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora and got upgraded at every hotel - a value of over $800, so was well worth it. It also entitles you to late check outs. Enjoy your trip!

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,279 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Intercontinental Resort Moorea

Other than the small grocery store, there is very little else within walking distance of the hotel.

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
3,767 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Intercontinental Resort Moorea

If you walk down the road to the right (as you exit the driveway, facing the mountain), there is a small shopping center called "Le Petit Village" with a grocery store, some souvenir shops and restaurants, about a 20-minute walk from the Intercontinental (about a mile). I believe the IC also provides shuttles to and from Petit Village, for a small fee.

Most of the nearby restaurants will provide transportation to and from the hotel if you call for a dinner reservation the afternoon before. Good nearby places to eat are Le Mayflower and Les Tipaniers, among others.

jefferson city, mo
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Intercontinental Resort Moorea

My husband and I stayed here in October and found it to be very convenient place. The small grocery store right across the road to the entrance of the hotel was very convenient as well as the Albert's Rent a Car which is also right there. We rented a car for half a day and drove around the entire island.

We also walked to Les Tipaniers for dinner one evening, it was only a little over a mile. We did have the restaurant drive us back to the hotel, but we could have easily walked but due to the darkness we opted for the ride back. If you were doing lunch there it would be a nice walk.

5. Re: Intercontinental Resort Moorea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 14:25