We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

over water bungalow in Moorea - please recommend

Hong Kong
5 posts
Save Topic
over water bungalow in Moorea - please recommend

I tried to book over water bungalow at Moorea Pearl Resort as I heard that it's beautiful and it has glass floor so can see fishes swimming. Unfortunately, it's fully booked. Anyone can recommend other resorts? I'd like to have over water bungalow, thanks.

London
Level Contributor
523 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: over water bungalow in Moorea - please recommend

i think it is the Moorea Pearl Resort where the majority of OWB arent actually fully over the water. I think someone mentioned only 4 bungalows were.

You can try the Intercontinental Beechcoomber Moorea. I am staying there but in a beach bungalow. Again i am not too sure if the OWB are fully over water here either. Go to hotels in Moorea and read some reviews done by people who have been there.

Hope that helps!

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
332 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: over water bungalow in Moorea - please recommend

The Sofitel and Sheraton both have OWB's.

Montr��al
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: over water bungalow in Moorea - please recommend

I search the best hotel in Moorea too. We want a overwater bungalow. Which hotel, Intercontinental or Pearl Resort???

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,510 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: over water bungalow in Moorea - please recommend

Sheraton has great overwater bungalows and the snorkeling there is nice too.

Los Angeles
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: over water bungalow in Moorea - please recommend

Stayed in OTW at the Pearl and LOVED it...it was fully OTW and very lovely....I shopped around other hotels on the island while we were there, and I will never go to any of them...they all seemed to have a very LARGE (almost AMerican) feel to them...I felt like I was in DisneyLand there...but NOt at the pearl...loved the pearl

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: over water bungalow in Moorea - please recommend

Sofitel is under construction until June 2006. When are you planning your trip?

Montr��al
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: over water bungalow in Moorea - please recommend

September 2006

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: over water bungalow in Moorea - please recommend

Did you call the pearl or just check the web site? I am also planning a trip in September and was told at several places that it is too early to make reservations and therefore the web sites show no availability. I want to stay at the Sofitel as I heard he snorkeling is best there, but they told me to call back next year.

Montr��al
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: over water bungalow in Moorea - please recommend

I will take the hotel with Radisson Seven Seas.

MI
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: over water bungalow in Moorea - please recommend

I just got back and stayed in a premium overwater bungalow at the Pearl Beach resort. I think your information is wrong, because all the ow bungalows at the Pearl ARE fully overwater. We had one of the best premium OW bungalows on the resort. IT is SO worth it. You won't regret it!!!