We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat on Moorea (recommendations)

LA, CA
Level Contributor
20 posts
121 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat on Moorea (recommendations)

Outside of eating bread, cheese & fruit in your room, any positive eating experiences on Moorea including resorts

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
332 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat on Moorea (recommendations)

Try the roulottes (rolling restaurants) that set up around the island, they offer really excellent food for a fraction of what the restaurants and resorts charge. There's a roulotte in Cook's Bay near the Te Hono Iti restaurant that has excellent Chinese food.

Otherwise, I recommend Le Sud in Maharepa for lunch, and Le Nouveau Monde and Le Mahogany for dinner.

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat on Moorea (recommendations)

Is there a roulotte within walking distance of the Sheraton?

Is there a roulotte within walking distance of the Sofitel?

Do Le Nouveau Monde and Le Mahogany pick you up at the Sheraton or Sofitel for free?.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
332 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat on Moorea (recommendations)

The Sheraton is in a weird location, between the two big bays of Moorea, and there isn't anyplace to park the roulotte. There's a tiny store about 20-30 minutes walk from the Sheraton. You pretty much need a car to get to the market and roulottes from there.

Ditto the Sofitel, no roulottes nearby, though it's on the other side of the island from the Sheraton. Sometimes roulottes set up on the weekend by the public beach, which you can walk to from the Sofitel. The roulottes tend to congregate in the villages like Maharepa and Pao Pao.

Le Mahogany has a driver to do pick-ups, be sure to tip. I don't know about Le Nouveau Monde. You'll have to ask at your hotel.

My advice: rent a car and drive yourself around the island, it's fun and you can stop wherever you want.

DC
Level Contributor
107 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat on Moorea (recommendations)

Just got back from Moorea. We stayed at the IC and all of the restaurants where we ate picked us up for free. Your concierge at the hotel will arrange the pickup and will tell you if it's even available so don't worry about trying to figure out beforehand. We did everything on the day in which we wanted to eat at a particular restaurant.

Linareva: the best food I had in F.P (Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora). It's a restaurant on a docked boat in the lagoon.

Les Tipaniers: pretty inexpensive for FP and has good italian, french, and polynesian food.

Alfredos: Italian restaurant that's pretty good. Best on Thursdays and Sundays when Ron plays the auto harpsicord and you can sing on stage with him if you want. I think this may be owned by an American.

We did one night at Tiki Village Theater. Food was mediocre (buffet), but the show was pretty cool. Best show of the 3 I saw in F.P.

We did a buffet at our hotel (IC) one night. Really good.

I've also heard good things about La Plantation and La Mahogany from people we ran into on the trip.

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat on Moorea (recommendations)

Has anyone eaten at the Blue Pineapple? I think that's the name of it...

Tulsa, OK
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to eat on Moorea (recommendations)

I second Alfredos.. Nothing on the island is cheap, but this restaraunt is wonderful both in food and in staff.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to eat on Moorea (recommendations)

My husband and I were in Moorea a few months ago, here are some restaurants we ate in and recommend:

Le Mayflower

PK 27, Haapiti, seaside. We loved this place, had dinner there twice.

Snack Coco d'Isle

PK 27.5, lagoonside, Haapiti.

Snack restaurant with excellent sandwiches and very inexpensive. Had lunch there.

Fare Vai Moana

PK 27, seaside (waterfront), Haapiti

Very good food, had dinner there.

Restaurant La Plage on Motu Moea

Located on private "Motu Moea", a small islet across from Club Med. We had lunch here after a shark and ray feeding excursion. Delicious local fare and a lovely experience!

Carameline

PK 5, Maharepa across from the post office. We had pastry/dessert here and enjoyed it.

Wilsonville, Oregon
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to eat on Moorea (recommendations)

dcmove,

What were the grounds and water like at the Linareva? We are booked to stay there in August and it's hard to find many reviews.

Julie