We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birds on Moorea & Tahiti

Columbus, Ohio
2 posts
Save Topic
Birds on Moorea & Tahiti

My fiance and I are honeymooning in early November this year. We are staying a few days at the IC in Tahiti followed by a week at the Hilton Moorea (this forum has been a big help in the planning of this honeymoon, so a big thanks to all on here!).

My fiance is a huge birder and would love to be able to add some exotic birds to her life list during our trip. My question is, does anyone have any information on good places to go looking for birds on either Moorea or Tahiti? What kind of birds could she expect to find?

I know this is a pretty specialized request. I haven't been able to find any birding information the the islands online at all. It's been frustrating.Thanks in advance for any information...

Mentioned in this post
Tahiti
Tahiti
Society Islands, French Polynesia
Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa
Hilton Moorea Lagoon...
3,670 Reviews
Moorea, French Polynesia
Moorea
Moorea
Washington
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Birds on Moorea & Tahiti

tahitiexpeditions.com/Birding_on_Tahiti_Moor…

2. Re: Birds on Moorea & Tahiti

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 12:50
Edited: 09 July 2014, 12:50
Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
967 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Birds on Moorea & Tahiti

I think if you're gonna stay in Tahiti for a couple of days that you should absolutely try and do a day tour to Tetiaroa which has in incredible and protected birds sanctuary...

It will set you back a couple of $$$ but if the weather is with you will be a top memorable experience of your honeymoon

Edited: 29 June 2010, 08:23
Mentioned in this post
Tahiti
Tahiti
Columbus, Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Birds on Moorea & Tahiti

Thanks so much for the responses! We haven't even started to look at excursions yet, so we will definitely look into Tetiaroa.

Thanks again...

ghengis

5. Re: Birds on Moorea & Tahiti

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2010, 06:18