We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snacks

Michigan
Level Contributor
132 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Snacks

We are leaving in a month and I wanted to know what type of snacks we should bring? I think I read that you can't bring beef jerky--which I was planning to and we are staying at the Sofitel-how can we get to a store to pick up some things,? My TA said the transfer won't stop.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snacks

I don't think your TA knows Moorea very well. There are NO stores between the ferry dock and the Sofitel nor between the airport and the Sofitel. I have brought beef jerkey many times even tho meat products are a no-no.

The customs in FP as a general rule never look in Tourists luggage.

Buy most of your snacks in FP and help the local economy. The large

supermarket on Moorea is just past the ferry dock. The selection is OK but they won't have beef jerkey. I have sent you a PM with a map of Moorea.

Michigan
Level Contributor
132 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snacks

Thanks so much!

Aliso Viejo...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Snacks

Hi Hamara -

Can you please send me the map of Moorea as well.

Thank you so much!

Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snacks

Look in your PM box. You have the map

new york
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Snacks

sorry to bother you hamara....but would you mind sending me the map as well?

thanks!

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snacks

One of the bad things about the Sofitel is that there is nothing within walking distance of the hotel, so you have to find a way to the supermarket or the nearest little market and stock up on things. You might have to rent a car for a day to do this. But as mentioned, you're not going to find much as far as beef jerky. But as far as snacks and other things, feel free to bring anything you want! We've brought MANY things in the past such as cereal/snack bars, peanut butter and stuff for make sandwiches when you get there, etc.

Providence, Ri
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Snacks

Can I also be sent a map, We are staying at the HIlton Moorea. Are there many restaurants within walking distance?

Providence, Ri
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Snacks

Can I also be sent a map as well? Are there many restaurants in walking distance from the Hilton Moorea?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
69 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Snacks

Would also appreciate the map. Staying at the Hilton as well. Thanks!

Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,467 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Snacks

Look in your PM box for the map