We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What happened to the Sheraton?

New Lenox, IL
Level Contributor
267 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
What happened to the Sheraton?

10 years ago I spent 2 weeks in French Polynesia. I remember staying at the LeMeridan on Bora Bora, Te Tiere on Huaine (sp?) and could have sworn I stayed at the Sheraton on Moorea. We stayed in an overwater bungalow. Has the resort been sold or changed names? I'm trying to plan another trip. Thank you!

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,478 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What happened to the Sheraton?

Hi there :)

The Sheraton in Moorea is now the Hilton Moorea. They have done a major remodel of the bungalow interiors since you traveled last. Also the garden bungalows now have private plunge pools. It is a lovely property these days...the beach and snorkeling are still great! :)

sunny regards,

shully

Edited: 28 June 2011, 04:10
Northern...
Level Contributor
21 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What happened to the Sheraton?

That is correct - we stayed there even before it was a Sheraton, but now it is the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort and Spa.

Near Future
Level Contributor
496 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What happened to the Sheraton?

The previous replies are correct and if you're wondering about ownership, it's still owned by the same owners that owned it while it was a Sheraton. Sheraton did not want to loose it from their portfolio of resorts, but the owners contracted with Hilton. I'm glad they put a lot of money into the renovations. It really looks good.

New Lenox, IL
Level Contributor
267 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What happened to the Sheraton?

Thanks much for your replies. I loved the resort during our stay. I hope Hilton keeps it up to the old standards, which I thought was pretty good. Thanks!

Susan

5. Re: What happened to the Sheraton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2013, 10:19