We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Moorea (Overwater Bungalow or Garden Room with Pool)

Murrieta, California
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Hilton Moorea (Overwater Bungalow or Garden Room with Pool)

I'm offered an upgrade for 125 USD per night to go to an overwater bungalow.

I'll be staying in an OWB in Bora Bora Nui for 6 nights.

Should I go with this upgrade? Is it worth it? I was told by my travel agent that the OWB in Moorea isn't as nice as Bora Bora.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Moorea (Overwater Bungalow or Garden Room with Pool)

Personally, I think, if you can afford it, go for the overwater bungalows on both islands. It is truly a unique kind of accomodation and you can't do it just anywhere!...take advantage of it if you can. Also keep in mind most of the plunge pools are NOT heated.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Vaitape, Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
1,730 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Moorea (Overwater Bungalow or Garden Room with Pool)

Do you snorkel? If yes and you can afford the upgrade, I'd go with it. We stayed in the garden at the Hilton back when it was a Sheraton and before the plunge pools. We were watching our budget, so no overwater for us. I was perfectly happy with the garden bungalow, but the water is gorgeous at the Hilton Moorea and the snorkeling is out of this world, so it would have been even nicer to have an overwater there.

We did the overwater at the Nui on our last trip to FP and it was very nice (particularly as they upgraded us for free from a garden villa, which was completely unexpected!). The bungalows there are in all different locations and water depths. Some have horizon views; a few have a peek at Bora Bora. I'd need to go look up our bungalow number, but we were basically on the rightmost mini-island if you're looking at a map of the resort, so on deeper water. We didn't really have all that much action going on through our glass bottom panels due to depth and water color... so it might be nicer on Moorea, if that's something you think will mater to you.

And yes... unheated plunge pools... we've only done the plunge pool at the Moorea Pearl and it was SO not heated :) It's a cute idea, but we prefer the overwater with the views and the access to the snorkeling.

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
41 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Moorea (Overwater Bungalow or Garden Room with Pool)

The snorkeling from an OWB at the Hilton/Moorea is really exceptional.

Dallas, TX
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Moorea (Overwater Bungalow or Garden Room with Pool)

We just got home from a week in #105 and I would say go for it. We had another couple to our room for cocktails on our last night and they said that they regretted not paying for the upgrade.

Derby
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Moorea (Overwater Bungalow or Garden Room with Pool)

We stayed in an owb and had use of a bungalow to use for getting changed on our final day as we had a late check out. Garden rooms are nice but the plunge pools are very small, the idea is that you just stand up in it I think as it's deepish but not big plus there are no views in an owb and you're stuck looking at the walls in the garden. If you can get an owb, they're fantastic!

6. Re: Hilton Moorea (Overwater Bungalow or Garden Room with Pool)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 12:16