We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Resort for Family Vacation (2-year old child)

San Francisco...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Resort for Family Vacation (2-year old child)

I'm planning a family trip to Moorea with my husband and 2-year old daughter. Does anyone have any recommendations on which resort would be best suited to children?

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Resort for Family Vacation (2-year old child)

In my opinion

the nicer resorts for families

IC

Pearl

Hilton

In that order

You might also wish to peek at a locally owned resort that would be considered 2.5 - 3 stars but great location prices and the place is frequented by many other families, primarily European.

Edited: 30 April 2012, 21:41
Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
3,956 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Resort for Family Vacation (2-year old child)

If you are looking for a mid-priced place to stay, consider Moorea Fare Miti. The kitchen bungalows have separate bedroom and daybeds in living area, fully equipped kitchen, nice white beach with shallow water that is safe for kids, and a VERY family-friendly atmosphere and proprietors. Several small grocery stores are within walking distance, and the proprietors provide a takeout service from local restaurants for dinner, which is handy with a small child. Send me a PM with your email address if you want to see some photos!

Edited: 01 May 2012, 16:42
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
425 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Resort for Family Vacation (2-year old child)

We have traveled extensively for past 7.5 years with our children since they were 6 weeks old. We Like beach destinations in Caribbean, FP and Mediterranean Rivera. We don't care for all inclusive, and usually stay at 5* or 4* resorts.

When someone asks about family resorts, majority of the time they are thinking about places like Beaches/ Club Med or places with significant organized kids club. This is is actually what one of colleagues does all the time. They leave the kids at the kids club, and they do their own things majority of the day. I personally do not care for these places, and on our holidays we are always doing all the activities with our kids. We have had the best memories over the past 7.5 years. It is just matter of preference.

The resorts in FP for the most part do not have any organized children's activities or kids club (may be with the exception of 4S in BB, but your kid is too young for that). At the same time Tahitian are very family oriented and love kids. They are pretty much welcome everywhere. The IC Moorea has the dolphin center, but a 2 year old is too young to participate (plus you can visit the center, even if you are staying else where).

Thus regarding the resort selection when traveling with the 2 year old to Moorea: it all comes down down to what you enjoy and what your hotel preferences are.

Personally if it was me doing it with a 2 year old, I would rent a car for the duration of my stay to give me flexibility and freedom. For the resort, I would choose Luxury Beach front Bungalow at Sofitel (the best beach/ sand in Moorea) or alternatively OWB at Hilton (if you ask, they can put flexible plastic fencing on your deck for added safety of the child without any problem).

Do not hesitate to PM if you have any further questions.

San Luis Obispo
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Resort for Family Vacation (2-year old child)

I didn't toss in the Sofitel because it's so off the beaten trail.

Even a 2 year old would love watch dolphins & turtles at the IC

If it were me I would go to Les Tipaniers. Close to reasonable cafes, stores, many families stay there and the price is right.

5. Re: Best Resort for Family Vacation (2-year old child)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 11:42