We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moorea Dining Options

California
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Moorea Dining Options

Planning a trip to Moorea this March and after reading the review on trip advisor I am contemplating opting out of the half board at Sofitel and just keeping the breakfast inclusion. I am hoping to get some suggestions for dinner options during my stay. Preferably nothing too expensive. =)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
344 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moorea Dining Options

What's expensive for you?

Moorea is great for eating out. It was easy for us but we stated at the Pearl which is located close to everything.

My fav was Moorea Beach cafe.

We enjoyed doing restaurants in Moorea and then doing the half board in BB. We think the half board was a reduced rate too for what it was. They do add supplements (extra cost) to certain things so watch for that.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Papeete, French Polynesia
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moorea Dining Options

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g309685-Moorea_S…

California
Level Contributor
9,638 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moorea Dining Options

We'll also be on Moorea in March, and based on my research here, I plan on going to Le Mayflower and Coco D'Isle for dinner and Snack Mahana for lunch.

California
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moorea Dining Options

Thanks everybody for the dining recommendations.

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
3,810 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moorea Dining Options

Many (but not all) of the better restaurants provide a transport service when you make reservations for dinner; ask the concierge at the Sofitel which ones are available at your location. Le Mayflower does not transport from that far away, so you might want to eat there if you have a rental car for one day.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
584 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moorea Dining Options

Are there any maps, links, etc. to what restaurants or grocery stores are near IC Moorea?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moorea Dining Options

Intercontinental close to Alberts- they have a store right across from your hotel. Not a huge shop but you can pick up water, bread and juice. Snack Mahana is close to your hotel, maybe a 15 minute walk. Other than that, a lot of the restaurants are far but they do pick up/drop off. Mayflower does not pick up though- but definitely check out Rudy's and Moorea Beach Cafe. (I think you need to have 6 people going for pick ups/drop offs to these restaurants if I do recall correctly though)

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,478 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Moorea Dining Options

Hi hi,

We are here in the islands as I write this...had lunch at Snack Mahana a couple days ago....it is Wonderful!!! Try the Mahi w/coconut sauce & rice.....sooo delicious!.....

open for lunch...cash only....affordable....local casual place with tables on the waters edge.

sunny regards,

shully

Edited: 23 November 2013, 01:05
9. Re: Moorea Dining Options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2014, 06:20