We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Stores near Tapu Lodge

London, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery Stores near Tapu Lodge

We will be staying at Tapu Lodge on Moorea on the Hauru point side of the Island and I need some information on Grocery stores please.

I understand there is a small one in Le Petit Village about 10-15 min walk north of the lodge but I seem to recall reading somewhere that there was a larger (and cheaper) one about 2-3 miles south of Tapu Lodge but I can’t find any info on it. Is this information correct or is the grocery store at Le Petit Village the only one within say 2-3 miles of Tapu Lodge?

warkworth
Level Contributor
38 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Stores near Tapu Lodge

Yes the Le Petit Village does have a 'supermarket' and its probably 20 minutes walk from Tapu Lodge.

There is also another shop which sells just about the same products, except fresh meat (although they have it occasionally) about half way between Tapu and Le Petit. They have quite a lot of frozen meat products. They do close between 12 and 2 Mon-Sat and Sunday afternoons.

I haven't seen any shop within walking distance south of Tapu Lodge apart from a Pharmacy.

Just be careful if you buy baguettes there as they do not get them in fresh every day if they have some leftover and they were selling them as fresh!

London, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Stores near Tapu Lodge

Thanks for the tip...I guess North it is then....!

3. Re: Grocery Stores near Tapu Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 05:17