We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Assistance in Accommodations for Honeymoon

Newtown...
9 posts
Save Topic
Assistance in Accommodations for Honeymoon

Hi! Hope you can help...

My fiance and I are traveling to the Cook Islands for our Honeymoon from September 10th-22nd, 2012. We are 25-30 and are from the East Coast of the United States. We are looking to visit both Aitutaki and Rarotonga on our trip. We originally looked at the Costco packages but after doing more research seem to think booking directly will give us more value.

We seem to have narrowed it down to staying in an absolute beachfront at Etu Moana for 5/6 nights of our trip.

But are still up in the air for our accommodations on Rarotonga. We are looking at Heliconia Hideaway or Rendezvous Villas. Given the time of year, we are a little concerned about the weather/wind at Heliconia Hideaway. Should this be of concern? Rendezvous Villas are significantly cheaper and should be more protected but also have seen the recent posts from other TA people on the booking issues.

Can you please help us decide? Is there anywhere else you'd recommend that we look into? We are looking to stay under $600NZD a night.

Appreciate your insight.

Thanks!

Tina

Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Assistance in Accommodations for Honeymoon

Hi Tina, have you looked at Sea Change Villas? We stayed there for our honeymoon and it was just gorgeous!

Newtown...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Assistance in Accommodations for Honeymoon

Yes, we did look there. That is where we were considered to stay with the Costco package, but recently Sea Change went under new Management and I do not think they are offering the same package any longer. I did inquire directly but the cost of the honeymoon package was $5400 NZD for 7 nights in Beachfront and a little over what we wanted to spend.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Assistance in Accommodations for Honeymoon

Hi, they do have different management but are under the same ownership, and you don't have to get a honeymoon package, you can just pay for accommodation without all the extras. A seven night stay starts at a little over $3100. Good luck :)

Newtown...
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Assistance in Accommodations for Honeymoon

That is a great point! How does the lagoon front compare? Is it worth booking at Sea Change over another location with a view? Did you stay in beachfront or lagoon front?

Anyone else have any thoughts or suggestions?

THANKS!!!

Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Assistance in Accommodations for Honeymoon

Hi Tina,

We booked beachfront accommodation, but we spoke to quite a few honeymooners who had booked Lagoon view and they were more than impressed. Of course, the beachfront view is to die for, and I am biased as I had the most wonderful time there.

If you can afford it, it is really worth the extra expense! Good luck :)

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Assistance in Accommodations for Honeymoon

Check out The Little Polyenesian -Beach front

Regards

Suzi

North Avoca
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Assistance in Accommodations for Honeymoon

Heliconia is awesome super private not the hassle of having other guests around. Just got back from two weeks there was our second visit our first was for our Honeymoon 2 years ago. You will not be disappointed with your decision if you stay here.

Ad

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
802 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Assistance in Accommodations for Honeymoon

Hi Tina,

As Suzi says, The Little Polynesian is a really beautiful place and if you contact them directly the price may come within your budget. It is near Heliconia but imo it's a much much nicer property. I had an incredible stay there. It's the perfect place for a honeymoon.

Location is better than Sea Change and we enjoyed a bit of breeze. It will be very comfortable in September.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,914 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Assistance in Accommodations for Honeymoon

Hi Tina

Yes, it can get windy at times at that time of year - but sometimes it's dead calm.

I know that stretch of beach pretty well and I notice that when you get round a little bit (away from Heliconia) to the Little Poly it is more sheltered.

And it is a beautiful resort. Quiet, no kids. A lovely infinity pool if you don't want to swim in the lagoon and a first class restaurant.

10. Re: Assistance in Accommodations for Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2013, 10:17