We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

etu moana vs. are tamanu

phoenix, az
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
etu moana vs. are tamanu

I'm planning my 8-day honeymoon for the end of October. After looking at the cost of Bora Bora, we are strongly considering Aitutaki a great alternative. 2 hotels in our budget stand out: Etu Moana and Are Tamanu. Any recommendations on which one's best? Thanks!

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,441 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: etu moana vs. are tamanu

Spotprawn:

Etu Moana has had a ton of travel agents through their place....my husband and I were in Aitutaki (4th time) on vacation. Stayed in Aitutaki ten days this time.....Etu Moana is fabulous and a good suggestion on your part to bring your favorite snacks!!! The stores are limited in Aitutaki....especially wine (most has been sitting there in the store in 90+ degree heat for eons! ) Food is cheaper in Rarotonga....we always bring lots of snacks, cheese, crackers, wine, cereals etc...) The newest budget place is Samade On The Beach....did you make it over there? Great brand new basic bungalows with AC....restaurant and bar on premises with very reasonable prices....great swimming beach too!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: etu moana vs. are tamanu

SPOTPRAWN:

You mentioned that you wished you had "essentials" with you to cook - what do you mean by that? Food essentials or utensil essentials?

Also, I'm having a TERRIBLE time choosing a property on Aitutaki for my fall trip. I've surmised the West Coast is a better location than the O'otu Beach area (is that your opinion too) - on the West Coast I'm trying to find a relatively decent property that has a good beach area for swimming - how would you rate the Etu Moana's beach area? Any input from anyone else would be greatly appreciated as well - I can trade information on Bora Bora (been there twice) as repayment <grin> - my email is msark1 at hotmail dot com -

Thanks so much in advance -

Mike in Ohio

Taupo, NZ
9 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: etu moana vs. are tamanu

Soo agree with you spotprawn. Not the place if you want to be entertained. Our teenagers found it a bit quiet to say the least. One TV channel if you have a TV in your room. Just lots of sun, snorkling peace and quiet. relax.......

We won't take them next time, too much work to entertain, would rather relax....

Manchester UK
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: etu moana vs. are tamanu

If you really want to make your honeymoon special, stay the night on One Foot Island. We got married there, it is very basic (no electricity), but waking up in the morning looking over the lagoon cannot be beaten (before the day trippers arrive). Cheap too, was about ������������������80 per night last year (Sept 2005).

Get answers to your questions about Aitutaki