We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aitutaki & Raratonga (Main Island)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Aitutaki & Raratonga (Main Island)

I am booking 7-10 nights in Aitutaki sometime this week, however, should I book any nights in Raratonga instead ?

What could you do in Raratonga that you couldn't do in Aitutaki.

I have searched the forums and didn't find that much.

Should I just stay the whole time in Aitutaki or split it ?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
178 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Aitutaki & Raratonga (Main Island)

I can't believe you are "cheating" on the Thorn Tree like this. lol - Although I did notice you give the Thorn tree its due respect (First time I've seen you post here)

- - - - Mike

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,525 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Aitutaki & Raratonga (Main Island)

I've been to the Cooks many times...it seems each time my husband and I spend more time in Aitutaki....this last time it was eleven days in Aitutaki and six in Rarotonga. I would encourage you to spend some time in Rarotonga. It is a beautiful island and there is much more to do there...Aitutaki is a quiet retreat with a lagoon that is stunning...if you are only wanting quiet beauty then yes...the whole time in Aitutaki.

Rarotonga has many wonderful restaurants, a fantastic cross island hike, snorkeling, diving, some nightlife, cultural village and many other activities and water sports.

sunny regards,

Get answers to your questions about Aitutaki
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question