We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good suggestions where to stay in Aitutaki

Denmark
1 post
Save Topic
Any good suggestions where to stay in Aitutaki

I am going to Cook Islands together with my wife and my 2 year old son and we are looking for accommodation in Aitutaki. We are thinking of either Paradise Cove, Aretei Beach Villas or Aitutaki beach Villas? Any good experience to share?

Cheers,

Soren

new zealand
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good suggestions where to stay in Aitutaki

Hi

I can suggest Sunnybeach Lodges. Rata, Charlotte and daughter Aroha run a family business with five clean tidy units on the west side of the island. This is the best side, clear water and white sand. This is on the same beach as Pacific Resort and others that charge upward of $500 per night. Their units start from $80 per night.

I am taking my husband and 6 kids (2-10 years) this time in april 06. A truly magical island, and wonderful hospitality. Aroha will do what she is able to make your stay memorable. sunnybeach@aitutaki.net.ck is their email (from memory). On last correspondence I was told that they are fully booked for three months after we leave as a US film crew will be staying as guests to film a 'survivor' type program on one of the lagoon islands. Hope this is of help. Sorry can't help with other places except

-I think Aitutaki Beach Villas is on the not so nice beach side of the island. The water is shallow and mud flat like. Not the best for swimming. Regards Liz

Orewa, New Zealand
Level Contributor
181 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good suggestions where to stay in Aitutaki

I must concur with the previous post, but must say that my wife is related to Rata so I am biased. Value for money, I don't know of anywhere better.

Belgium
Level Contributor
776 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good suggestions where to stay in Aitutaki

I thought Aitutaki Beach Villa was on the west side of the island as well, just south of Etu Moana. So I am surprised to read the beach is not so good there.

Am I mistaken?

NH USA
Level Contributor
412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any good suggestions where to stay in Aitutaki

family2n6 quote

"On last correspondence I was told that they are fully booked for three months after we leave as a US film crew will be staying as guests to film a 'survivor' type program on one of the lagoon islands. "

Now you really have my curiosity peeked. I can't find anything on the web about this. I do know that in January they filmed part of Shipwrecked UK on Aitutaki. Will have to scout this out while there.....I will just follow the sound of loud people. :)

Belgium
Level Contributor
776 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any good suggestions where to stay in Aitutaki

On the Coconot Wireless as they call it, it is said that the preparations for the Survivor series will be done in Aitutaki March-April, the filming itself May-June.

They are expecting a team of up to 300 people!

Official news should be announced shortly.

NH USA
Level Contributor
412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any good suggestions where to stay in Aitutaki

Thanks for the infor Chinagazer...... I will be there 4/26 - 5-7.

Clarion, PA
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any good suggestions where to stay in Aitutaki

Has anyone heard if one foot island will be involved with the filming? I sure hope not, after I have heard how beautiful it is. We will be there 6/11 - 6/21

new zealand
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Any good suggestions where to stay in Aitutaki

My mistake I was referring to Aitutaki Lodges in Tautu not Aitutaki beach villas. Aitutaki lodges do have fantastic views I must say. Can't comment on Aituaki Beach villas. Sorry. Liz

San Diego...
Level Contributor
660 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any good suggestions where to stay in Aitutaki

Hope they are done and out of there by the end of July...

Get answers to your questions about Aitutaki