We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interesting review of Etu Moana

eurekacalifornia
Level Contributor
17 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Interesting review of Etu Moana

The young lady from Texas seemed to have issues with the location of the Villas, the lagoon ,the bugs and geckos,the chickens,pigs and goats as well as the neighboring properties not being kept up. I'm wondering if any research was done about the location of the Cook Islands and the lifestyle of the South Pacific. The real world is just that, the real world. Disparaging of a property based on locale seems not helpful. Everyone has their own version of "Best". I'm glad Trip Advisor gives the opportunity for people to choose. I,for one, cannot WAIT to get back to the Cook Islands and Etu Moana. We choose to not stay anywhere else.

Fredericton
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Interesting review of Etu Moana

We travelled to Etu Moana for our honeymoon this past Aug. and it was fabulous! If anyone is of doubt regarding the ability to swim, snorkel, or kayak, I will post photos that we took of us doing all these directly in front. We also stayed on the lagoon side earlier in our trip, and while the swimming was nice because of the lack of coral, it was MUCH more interesting in front of Etu Moana due to the starfish and fish. It did not scrape you, and there was plenty of space for walking and swimming. Walking along the beach to restaurants was beautiful and never once did we notice any negatives of neighbouring properties. We couldn't even SEE the neighbours from our bungalow porch, the pool, pathways.... I think you would have to go seeking the neighbours to be "bothered" by it? (I am not sure what was wrong with thier yard...)

Everyone was so helpful and friendly (they greeted us by name at breakfast), the grounds are beautiful, and the beach natural. What more can you ask for? I highly recommend Etu Moana!

ps. don't hate geckos, they eat mosquitos! (and are just so darn cute!)

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
528 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Interesting review of Etu Moana

Ditto Annie_Ryan -- we honeymooned just this past August and it WAS -- as you say FABULOUS. We did our research and knew what it was... and what it wasn't..... It was a little difficult to kayak being beginners but that was a combination of shallow NATURE (what are you going to do, pull up all the coral!?!? c'mon, that's what being in a natural environment is all about!) and the wind picking up.... But it sure was beautiful!!!!

We walked to Puffy's a BUNCH of times and the food was amazing! There was NO negatives about its location whatsoever!!! If i wanted to go to a Marriott - I WOULD HAVE. What a ridiculous statement about the Intercontinental.... I can't believe someone would even think to compare an 8 luxury villa property to an 83 guest room hotel. Unless of course they meant the La Moana which is a 62 bungalow style resort. Either way, the parallel drawn is complete nonsense.

Etu Moana was by far the greatest most peaceful place on earth -- and if anyone spends 10 minutes reading reviews... you'll see that.

Don't be fooled. Read the reviews and draw your own conclusions!

13. Re: Interesting review of Etu Moana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 12:18
Get answers to your questions about Aitutaki