We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Etu Moana stay - getting to the motus

Salzburg, Austria
Level Contributor
153 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Etu Moana stay - getting to the motus

Hi guys,

we are off to the Cook Islands for our honeymoon at the end of May, as part of which we will be spending a few nights at Etu Moana. We have already decided we want to do a lagoon cruise and this forum and the reviews have helped us chose an operator.

What I am wondering now though is how we can make most of the little motus, given that EM is on the 'other' side of the island. I know they hire kayaks out for free, but that wont be of. much help to us probably. We like the idea of spending a few hours or an afternoon on one of them, maybe watch the sunset, or have a picnick... something romantic :)

I am aware that you can get water taxis to drop you off but we'd rather to it ourselves if we can.

Is there any other option?

This might sound like a stupid question, but can one walk across the island from the west to east coast?

Scooter?

I hope someone can help :)

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Etu Moana stay - getting to the motus

North-eastern! I meant to say north eastern motu sorry.

12. Re: Etu Moana stay - getting to the motus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2013, 09:23
Get answers to your questions about Aitutaki