We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon to Aitutaki

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon to Aitutaki

Hi,

Could anyone recommend a good travel agent who can help me plan my honeymoon to Aitutaki

I contacted a travel agent and they were saying that prices were coming up to high for my budget.. i have a budget of approx £5000.

Any one help me please?

Many thanks

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,580 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon to Aitutaki

Kia Orana vh122, welcome to our forum.

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding, and I wish you well with your honeymoon planning.

I suggest that the Air New Zealand travel centre located on the upper ground floor, New Zealand House, 80 The Haymarket, might be a good starting point for you.

I think that the Air NZ special for flights to the Cook Islands continue until the 31 January, 2012 ( at least I note that they do for London to New Zealand).

Island Hopper Vacations located in Rarotonga would possibly be able to give you a price for return airfares flying Air NZ (or in combination with a star alliance partner) LHR - LAX to Rarotonga, with connecting flights to Aitutaki and accommodation at the Aitutaki Lagoon Resort and Spa - including over-water bungalow. Email:- travel@islandhopper.co.ck

Additionally contact Jetsave Travel based in Rarotonga to enquire about an alternative quote, including the return international airfares, domestic flights from Rarotonga to Aitutaki, and accommodation. Email:- jetsave@cooks.co.ck

You may also want to consider a short stay on Rarotonga either at the start/end of your stay - or both. There are some lovely resorts on Rarotonga.

If you wish to purchase international airfares only from Air NZ, consult the staff at The Haymarket agency for their advice. You could always undertake some of the bookings yourself online -

Air Rarotonga - www.airrarotonga.com

www.wotif.com - for Cook Islands accommodation

www.expedia.co.uk - for travel deals.

Hope this helps, I appreciate that time is limited if you are interested in a current airfare specials to fit in with your honeymoon dates.

All the best with your plans.

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,599 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon to Aitutaki

vh122 you can really do it yourself and don't need travel agents. You need to fly Air NZ from LA if that is the route you are taking - but see what the other deals you can get from the UK to LA.

As for accommodation there is lots of information on this forum and ask away. Give us your budget and preferences and i am sure you will receive lots of suggestions - you can then look at the individual web sites.

In my opinion some of the booking engines like Wotif can seem like a good deal as they over inflate the usual price - sometimes you can get it cheaper by going direct - well worth shopping around though and also double checking with a travel agent

Regards

Suzi

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
802 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon to Aitutaki

vh122, Suzi is correct - you do not need a travel agent.

We booked our entire trip to the Cooks by emailing the resorts and airlines directly. You will definitely get the best rate that way.

With Pacific Resort on Aitutaki you can even Skype them and discuss prices. Look at their website.

I know that most places will give you a reduced rate for a longer stay.

Go to the Air Raro website to get return flight prices from Rarotonga to Aitutaki.

I am sure you'll be with your budget if you book well in advance.

Good luck,

Toddy

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon to Aitutaki

thanks everyone for your replies! V helpful.. ive already started looking!

budget is about £5000. Initially i wanted Bora Bora but i dont think we can get that in the budget..

So Frangipani08 suggested cook islands as it might be more affordable so im trying to find something there now.

i love the clear blue waters and sun and lovely beaches.. something luxurious and heavenly.

See i am getting married on sat 8th sept. If we go away this date then wedding will finish at 9pm so we would need a really really late flight or we can just stay at the airport hotel and fly the next day which will be 9th sept.

Preferably want to arrive back in the UK on Sat 22nd so we can settle in before going work on Monday.

All help is very much appreciated!

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,580 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon to Aitutaki

You are most welcome vh.

Hope you can collect some brochures on Aitutaki from the Air NZ travel centre, and that you find an over-water bungalow somewhere to your liking. The current airfare special to the Cook Islands may still work in your favour.

There may be a special offered by Air Tahiti Nui, in which case Borabora may be closer than you think.

I'll continue to send you information.

Cheers.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,580 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon to Aitutaki

Hi again vh,

I overlooked to mention again, in my reply to this thread, about the twin-resort experience. Given that you are most interested in staying somewhere with an over-water bungalow, the Aitutaki Lagoon Resort and Spa also has a sister resort on Rarotonga, called The Sanctuary Rarotonga, that might work for the initial stay and also at the end of a potential Aitutaki visit.

Initally when I gave you some information, and to contact the resort directly for the best deals, I re-considered this option (above post) due to the fact that the travel agents on Rarotonga that I identified have access to better domestic fares, but they also can source a through-fare from London to Aitutaki to provide for an overall cost with accommodation and transfers included.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
802 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon to Aitutaki

Hi vh122,

You possibly need to clarify your budget of £5000. Is that per person and does it include your airfares from the UK? It can make a huge difference.

I would also urge you to look into the reviews of the twin resorts of Sanctuary and Aitutaki Lagoon and Spa - they are expensive and get very mixed reviews. They wouldn't be my choice. Both places are a bit tired and the service can be lacking. Ignore any first time reviews and possibly PM people who have posted average reviews and ask them questions. They mostly will be happy to tell of their experiences.

It's important to get it right for your honeymoon.

Sanctuary reviews:

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Aitutaki Lagoon and Spa:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g309706-d309965…

Happy planning,

Toddy

8. Re: Honeymoon to Aitutaki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2013, 10:21
Get answers to your questions about Aitutaki