We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Air Raro from Rarotonga to Aitutaki

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Question about Air Raro from Rarotonga to Aitutaki

Hi there,

I am traveling to the Cook Islands next summer and had a brief question on the timeframe. We arrive into Rarotonga from Auckland at 2:40pm on Air NZ. At the moment, I only see a 3:30pm flight from Rarotonga to Aitutaki. Is that too quick of a layover? Will we make it in time?

Alternatively, I had wanted to book the 6pm flight, but it doesn't appear to be available on Air Raro's website. Will this be added at a later date since I'm looking so far in advance? Or is there no longer a 6pm flight?

Thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Cook Islands
Cook Islands
South Pacific
Rarotonga
Rarotonga
Southern Cook Islands, Cook Islands
Aitutaki
Aitutaki
Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Air Raro from Rarotonga to Aitutaki

Hi Wendy, You might be pushing your connect time especially since you have to go through customs and immigration in Rarotonga. And if your incoming plane is late you won't make it.

I'm not sure why the 6pm flight isn't showing up. You may be correct in that you are booking too far in advance. Air Raro's e-mail is sales@airraro.co.ck

You might want to e-mail them with your question.

Mentioned in this post
Rarotonga
Rarotonga
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Air Raro from Rarotonga to Aitutaki

Thank you very much for your help. I'll email Air Raro and see if I can get an answer. Otherwise, I may have to flip-flop our reservations so that we are in Rarotonga on the start of our trip and in Aitutaki after that. Thanks again!

Mentioned in this post
Rarotonga
Rarotonga
Aitutaki
Aitutaki
New Zealand
Level Contributor
71 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Air Raro from Rarotonga to Aitutaki

We have had tight connections from the Air New Zealand flight and Air Raro to Aitutaki.They have held the flight for us!

If you book flights through to Aitutaki with Air New Zealand from the Air NZ website , they should guarantee that connection,(as opposed to separate bookings).

I don't think there is a 6.00pm every day.

We have just returned from our 6th visit to Aitutaki. We love it there.

Mentioned in this post
Aitutaki
Aitutaki
4. Re: Question about Air Raro from Rarotonga to Aitutaki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2013, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Aitutaki