We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sail boat rental on Aitutaki

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
sail boat rental on Aitutaki

My soon to be wife and I are spending 2 weeks honeymooning on Aitutaki. We are hoping to be able to hire a small sailing dingy or catamaran (Hobeycat) during our stay. Does anyone know if there are any available??

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sail boat rental on Aitutaki

PS, forgot to say HI and thanks (wedding stress is making me a bit short, sorry)!

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sail boat rental on Aitutaki

Kia Orana batonage, there are a couple of operators who will take you out accompanied but won't let you go out alone. There are many coral heads just below the water in the lagoon and even the locals who go out all the time don't know where they all are and occasionally hit one. There are kayaks for rent from several different operators and depending on where you are staying, may even be provided.

If you do go out alone be sure to tell the people where you are staying where you plan to go and when you plan to return. There have been occasions when tourists have gotten themselves into difficulty and had to be rescued. It's rare but it happens.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sail boat rental on Aitutaki

Hi, thanks for the info. We're just back from a wonderful two weeks on Aitutaki. Everything about our stay was brilliant. Will post a longer story and reviews of Amuri Sands and Etu Moana when my feet touch the ground! Many thanks to all the wonderful people who made our holiday so great!

4. Re: sail boat rental on Aitutaki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Aitutaki