We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One foot island

Launceston...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
One foot island

We have a giant clam tour included with our accommodation but I know no details about what's included. Do you think it would still be necessary to do a separate lagoon cruise or can you just get a transfer to one foot island?

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One foot island

Kia Orana Courtm, I've never heard of a giant clam tour. All the lagoon cruises stop and look at the giant clams. What is the accommodation you are staying at. I can check it out further.

Launceston...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: One foot island

We are staying at tamanu.

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One foot island

One last question. Is the tour you mentioned part of a package your travel agent put together or is it something you arranged through Tamanu Beach? If it's part of a package, ask your travel agent if they know the name of the operator. If you arranged it through Tamanu, I can give them a call and see what the tour includes and who they are working with. In any case all of the lagoon tours at least stop on One Foot for a visit and some of them have their lunches there.

Mentioned in this post
Tamanu Beach
Tamanu Beach
484 Reviews
Aitutaki, Cook Islands
Launceston...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: One foot island

I booked it directly. Thank you so much for your help.

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One foot island

Seriously just wait until you get there. If it does not include One Foot Island then it is easy to book another day whilst already there. We did not pre book any activities and it is best to wait to see what the weather is like as you don't want to go on a not so good day. We did see the giant clams on the way to One Foot Island.

Regards

Suzi

Mentioned in this post
One Foot Island
One Foot Island
864 Reviews
Aitutaki, Cook Islands
6. Re: One foot island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Aitutaki