We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lie Flat for Lax-Rar???

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
48 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Lie Flat for Lax-Rar???

I posted in 2010 asking about availability of a lie flat option for ANZ lax-rar in business class. Any new info if this might happen at some point in the future with the addition of the new 787's? I can't find info anywhere if this route is going to upgrade aircrafts. I still would prefer not to fly via Papeete. Thank you so much!

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,881 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lie Flat for Lax-Rar???

Hi esoif001

Air NZ will be changing all its 767s to 787s in due course. But it will take time.

The first one is due for delivery later this year and will be put on the Auckland Perth route. I would imagine that the next ones will be put on other Australian routes.

So yes, it will happen - but not for a while I'm picking. The LAX/RAR route is not the busiest so I don't think it will be top of Air NZ's priorities.

Sorry I can't be more positive. When are you planning to visit next?

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,813 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lie Flat for Lax-Rar???

Kia Orana esoif, There hasn't been any formal announcement of ANZ upgrading their aircraft on the flights between Rarotonga and LA. As of now they are still flying the 767 which do not have the lie flat option.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lie Flat for Lax-Rar???

You might also go to the Air New Zealand website to find out what planes they fly and what amenities they have. Chuck.

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
48 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lie Flat for Lax-Rar???

Thank you everyone for your responses, wasn't planning on going for a couple years, just hoping an upgraded aircraft option might be available by then. :)

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,881 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lie Flat for Lax-Rar???

Hi again esoif001

Keep in touch - hopefully 2 years may see some changes. I'm sure it will be well publicised on this forum when it happens. I know that lots of visitors from North America are looking forward to the improved aircraft on the LAX/RAR route - particularly to have the option of lie-flat seats in business class.

6. Re: Lie Flat for Lax-Rar???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Aitutaki
Recent Conversations