We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a Special Dining Experience

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a Special Dining Experience

Hey Guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm surprising my boyfriend with a trip to Aitutaki for his 30th birthday in Sep. Any recommendations on where to eat out to celebrate his birthday? I see Pacific Resort has dining options and a private dining experience option, any other places or experiences you would recommend like that? I really want a unique experience. Do I also have to book ahead or can I wait until I arrive there to do that?

Also, when and where are Island Nights? Which are the best? We will be arriving on a Saturday morning and leaving on the following Friday. Are they on only on specific nights?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations. Looking forward to hearing your response! ;)

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
7,036 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a Special Dining Experience

Wow, what a neat present. Havent done Pacific one, but if you can do a private beach dinner they are awesome. Aitutaki Lagoon resort has location location location, although the ratings on restaurant on TA are mixed. Highly recommend you do a small lagoon cruise (at least one) as well. We went with Kia Orana and the lunch was beautiful. However, I understand all the small operators are awesome. We didnt like the mass market cruise of Bishops.

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a Special Dining Experience

HI gabitexas, welcome to the forum. The Pacific Resort dining experience is only available to their house guests. If that's where you are staying then go for it.

For a really unique experience and if they are available, you can kill two birds with one stone and combine a day on the lagoon with a great meal. The Black Pearl charter will customize a lagoon cruise for you for, either a half or full day. You will be the only people on the boat and I am sure that Mere can put together a special meal to remember if you let her know. You can pick the motu (small island) in the lagoon to have your special meal, go to several snorkeling sites and have the day all to yourselves. If the sea cooperates they will even take you outside the reef to see the turtles and eagle rays. And if you are really lucky, maybe a whale. They are rated the number one activity on Aitutaki by TripAdvisor so they get booked well in advance. If you book soon I suspect you have a good chance to get in when you want.

www.blackpearlaitutaki.com e-mail - tekotia@aitutaki.net.ck

The island nights you can count on are the Pacific Resort on Wednesday nights, Tamanu Beach on Thursday night and The Aitutaki Lagoon Resort and Spa on Monday. Depending on weather and bookings, Samade on the Beach has one on Tuesday night and Puffy's on Wednesday night. Of these, Tamanu Beach seems to get the highest ratings followed closely by the Pacific Resort and Samade. You can wait to book an island night until you arrive but do it right away. The resorts reserve spots for their house guests first.

Best of luck with your planning. I am sure your boy friend will be thrilled.

Edited: 05 August 2014, 04:43
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a Special Dining Experience

Thanks Poppy! Yes I have already organised a private lagoon tour with Black Pearl, which I'm very excited about. I'll definitely have a look at Aitutaki Lagoon Resort too then.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a Special Dining Experience

Thanks Puapii-teacher! Great recommendations!! I have booked with Black Pearl, which I'm very pleased about.I will let them know that it's his birthday.;) Thanks for the tips, very helpful!

Aitutaki, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Aitutaki
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a Special Dining Experience

You are very welcome. I'm glad you were able to make the bookings. If you and your boy friend are interested in culture and island history you might also want to take a look at the Punarei Culture Tour. It goes out on Mon, Wed, and Fri for about 4 hours. It's been getting excellent reviews.

Cheers

6. Re: Looking for a Special Dining Experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 06:16