We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what time to fish?

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
145 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
what time to fish?

planning on booking with Kenai River Fish n Float for a Upper Kenai River trip. They offer morning, afternoon and early evening for four hour trips and all day (eight hour) trips. We would be up for any of these, but just wondering what opinions are out there for the four hour vs. eight.

Thanks! (going in late June...)

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas, Alaska
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what time to fish?

Hi Lori;

I haven't heard of this outfit, but looking at their website they look fine, and I see they get very good reviews here on TA. Did you get a recommendation about them, or ?

You're going end of June...there should be reds available then, and of course rainbows and dollies, although the fishing for them picks up as the season rolls along and more salmon are in the river.

What do you want to fish? if it's reds, I'd think a 1/2 day would give you good odds at limits, with a guides help. If you're after trout, especially early in the season, I'd think the full day might make better sense.

If you do a 1/2 day, my preference is always for early in the day.

Easton, Maryland
Level Contributor
145 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what time to fish?

Thanks for the advice. Yes found this outfit highly recommended on TA

3. Re: what time to fish?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Cooper Landing