We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choice of hotel

Which Rarotonga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
2 posts
Save Topic
Choice of hotel

We are going to Rarotonga at the end of May and are booked into Manuia Beach Hotel. However, having read some of the things people say I am wondering about changing this. Is there still damage and are there hotels still closed? Any info about Rarotonga Beach Resort or Pacific Resort or Reflections on Rarotonga or any other really good hotels would be appreciated. We are in our mid 50s. Any ideas?

Thanks

Bramble

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,456 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choice of hotel

Hi Branble:

Was just in Rarotonga and stopped by the Manuia Beach Hotel to go to the restaurant....it's gone! Washed away by the cyclones...there was alot of construction going on as they were rebuilding it...the rooms are all open....looked pretty two star if ya ask me...they had an anex restaurant in the parking lot...I wouldn't stay there...The Rarotonga beach resort is big and garrish...the Pacific Resort is crowded and the beach is kicked up most of the time...cloudy water...Reflections is very very nice and posh....stunningly decorated! I'd check out the following properties too:

www.rarotongabeachbungalows.com

www.sokala.com

www.seachange.com

sydney
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Choice of hotel

hi, we are looking at staying at manuia beach hotel - and also looking at getting married there - have you managed to find anymore out about this hotel and the damage etc???

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Choice of hotel

We were there last week and this hotel had lost its restaurant and pool. The Rarotongan is big but I wouldn't call it garrish, the decor and the staff are some of the best I have seen in the pacific. If Hotels are not your thing then I would suggest one of the many motels on the island, they are considerably cheaper. Lagoon Lodges or one of the Muri motels would be my suggestion. Hope this is some help