We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Debate!!

Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Debate!!

I've read a lot of the prior posts about the pros and cons of various resorts on Rarotonga and have a fair understanding on what's out there.

My fiance and I will be in Rarotonga for 6 days near the end of October and have narrowed our hotel search down to basically three choices.

Muri Beachcomber: Seaview Unit

Royale Takitumu: Lagoon View Villa (+$400USD for the week vs. MuriBeachcomber)

Pacific Resort: Garden Junior Suite (+$750USD)

Does anyone have any thoughts on which place is the best for the money? We're looking for something with a nice room, nice beach, good swimming and snorkeling, some dining and nightlife nearby, not too isolated, but not too overcrowded either.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
927 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Hotel Debate!!

Hi Neb

Glad you've decided on Sea Change.

Be sure to let us know how Sea Change is as we are in one of their Beach Front Villas for 3 nights next May!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
445 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Hotel Debate!!

Hey Neb - How exciting! I know how it good it feels to FINALLY book after all of the research and the going back and forth, etc. I am so happy for you! Are you doing beachfront or plantation? We are doing plantation.

And I know- how nice are the villas?! And really, the minute I heard "private pool", I was sold.

Yes- unfortunatley we won't be there at the same time. It would have been so funny to end up in the same resort and very cool to hang out! Oh well.. but I can certainly give you the heads up especially as we will have just been there. I have spoken to Judith a few times about misc wedding needs and she is so nice. Thanks so much about the hook-up with referrals :) I will PM you my info.

Congratulations on a honeymoon booked! :) And congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Hotel Debate!!

Hi Gia,

I just replied to your PM. I don't know if they can offer anything for referrals but it never hurts to ask. We just really appreciate your help, and all of the help we've received from everyone.

Yes, we are also staying in one of the plantation villas, and yes, the private pool was a very nice bonus. It should probably go without saying, but we are very excited about our trip.

Roger,

I will absolutely let you know about our trip. The beachfront villas look amazing. I am hoping that my fiance and I can afford to upgrade to one of the Beachfront Villas, for at least one night of our stay.

We are having our dual bachelor and bachelorette parties in Las Vegas next weekend. Perhaps I will get on a lucky streak and come away with enough for the upgrade.

Neb

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
445 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Hotel Debate!!

Neb, Sea Change offers free honeymoon upgrades if a beachfront unit is available when you check-in!!! I'm pretty sure that is not exclusive to my package and a general policy. Def speak to Judith about that! Personally, I am not holding my breath on that b.c I hear October is busy and I assume all will be booked up...but if it's available, what a lovely treat!

Thanks for the "referral" and yes, it doesn't hurt. No expectations at all and thanks for thinking of me! :) I have been happy to help with the little bit I do know and I also know how helpful everyone on this board is! Remember, I came here a few months ago with the same "Fiji or Cooks" question! I love tripadvisor!

Have an amazing time next weekend. It sounds like a blast. And def pocket those winnings for your honeymoon! :)

25. Re: Hotel Debate!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Rarotonga