We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Best....?

Which Rarotonga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland
7 posts
Save Topic
The Best....?

Hi There,

We're off the Rarotonga in September. There are a couple of things we want to do while we're there and wondered if anyone had recommendations for....

The best Cultural Show, spa experience and Deepwater fishing charter.

Thanks

J

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Best....?

Jay; please define "best...". Chuck...

Auckland
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Best....?

Hi There....

Meaning which Cultural show, spa experience and deepwater charter you would recommend?

Thx

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Best....?

Jay, I understand what venues you are interested in, we just need your definition of what you are looking for in "best"? Chuck...

Auckland
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Best....?

Ignore the word 'best' it has no significance...just would like recommendations

USA
Level Contributor
22 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Best....?

Hi Jay.

I would be more than happy to help you out as far as a great spa experience is concerned. I had an hour long massage at My Beauty and Spa located on the west side of the island directly in front of the Crown Beach Resort. Andrea without a doubt, gave me one of the best massages I have ever had (I almost fell asleep I was so relaxed).

Here is their menu. Very, very professional and nice.

http://www.crownbeach.com/docs/menu.pdf

I don't know much about the fishing and best island show, but if you do a little search for this on the forum you will find a tremendous amount of information to be had. We stayed at Crown Beach and attended the island show there. It was lovely. Many people here recommend the Edgewater show...coincidentally; it is directly next door to Crown Beach.

I hope this helped. Enjoy your trip!

Andi

Rarotonga
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Best....?

Hi there, sorry for the slow response...I have lived in Rarotonga for several years and can confirm that Adi (pronounced Andi, a good friend of mine) is the best spot for spa treatment like they said located at Crown Beach, both the women there are Fijian and absolutely lovely...

Best cultural show and best value for money is probably The Staircase in town...more intimate and still a great show...with all Island Nights you do have the option to do the "Show Only" personally I am not a fan of resort food in general so I would opt to do dinner somewhere else...If you do really want a Resort Option, then Edgewater or The Rarotongan probably the best!...

There is an Island night pretty every night except Sunday?? so there is plenty of choice...

Fishing Charters - I know the Fishing Tours pretty well...George and Junior on AKURA would be first choice Mob: 54355?? The cost is about $170 per person for a half day, around 5 hours...Brendan (contactable at P&D Electronics) has a new Charter Boat and is probably the most reasonable...

I hope this is a bit of a help, if you need any more information, I would be happy to email you...

Have a great holiday...Cheers...

Auckland
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: The Best....?

Thats brilliant thanks so much.......5 weeks and counting!!

Rarotonga
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The Best....?

Hi there no problems at all, I am currently in NZ if you would like any further info...just let me know, if not have a fabulous trip...Cheers

9. Re: The Best....?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 05:21