We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding wine

Auckland
Level Contributor
124 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding wine

Hoping someone can help. I am organising my son's wedding June 09 in Rarotonga. Hosting a wedding BBQ at private residence for about 50 people. We are aware of the costs of buying wine on the island and would like to bring some cases in from NZ.

Are we able to do that and just pay a duty tax on the cases of wine. Not sure who I could ask this question of.

Thank you- Sue

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,323 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding wine

Kia Ora Sue - Huwanian,

Contact MFEM - Customs email address revman@oyster.net.ck to enquire what import levies/duties will be.

And there's the freight on top of course.

Enquire from both CITC Liquor, and The Bond Store for a quote to supply your needs - discounts for bulk purchase. If your interested The Bond will provide servers/waiters along with their chiller. Email addresses from Telecom C Is site - www.whitepages.co.ck

Are some of your group prepared to purchase duty free wines for you?

Kiwi in the Cooks
Level Contributor
559 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding wine

Kia Orana,

Use the contacts Frangipani has given you, as I feel you need to do the sums to make an informed decision.

Depending on the wines you wish to purchase and with the discount you will receive this end you may find purchasing here will be a better option.

We will be interested to hear the outcome.

Tipani

Auckland
Level Contributor
124 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding wine

Thank you for that feedback. I'll dig a bit further and see what I can come up with. Maybe the Wine outlet on the island will be able to provide a list and costings. Will keep you posted.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,323 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding wine

Hi Sue, Major outlets will provide all that information on request - I've organised some big do's in Raro - very obliging and valuable discounts.

Over many years I've also imported lots items to the island - and my family has been in business Raro for long time - so I know first-hand what's involved in the intricacies of freighting/carting goods to/fro. These days I've streamlined my interests, and happy to source locally via the experts.

If you remain with the 2 major suppliers you should be right - are you aware that Foodland/Meatco alliance ( PDL) no longer exist?

5. Re: Wedding wine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 13:17