We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport home after special event

Which Rarotonga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
638 posts
222 reviews
Save Topic
Transport home after special event

We are in Raro next week and noticed that the say we arrive, they are having the Juniors Dancer of the Year competition at the National Auditorium. Our flight gets in that afternoon too late to rent a scooter or car at normal rates and we don't want to pay $25-30 extra for airport pick up. We can use the bus to get there but it seems on Thursday night, the last bus leaves at 10pm. I know from experience this event is not likely to be finished by then. Do they put on extra buses when there is a special event?

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
Level Contributor
879 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport home after special event

No extra buses I'm afraid. A taxi will run you about $30 each way so you may as well do the airport pickup and not have to worry. I don't recall Island Car Rental charging extra for an airport pick up, perhaps you could check with them?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
638 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport home after special event

It appears they have one now.

BasicPrice $41.99@1days NZD $41.99

Airport pick up $15 NZD $15

Temporary Drivers License $5 1 NZD $5

Insurance Daily at $10 NZD $10

Total Estimate of Charges

NZD $71.99

(incl GST of NZD $8.99875)

I'd rather leave the event in time for the 10pm bus than pay that much! My husband grew up in Arorangi so if he sees a friend who could give us a lift, we could stay til the end.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
638 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport home after special event

It turned out that the last bus left at 11pm. We were able to see the last fast beat performance but had to leave before the awards were handed out but it was easy enough to get the results in the newspaper.

4. Re: Transport home after special event

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 18:16