We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

Wellington NZ
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental

Hi, Has anyone booked a rental through Go-Cook Islands site. They have quoted me a good price for a vehicle they book thru Island Car & Bike Hire, and yet when I go to Island Cars they give me a much higher quote. Just curious as to why the big difference from the same place? Just like to know if Go-Cook Islands are good? bad? to deal with. Also they do not have a secure site to book through and want details sent by email?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
Level Contributor
889 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental

I just looked at both sites and their prices are pretty close. Are you looking at the same type of vehicle? I am familiar with Go Cook Islands and they are legit but are only a booking agency. They are most likely a large customer of Island Car and therefore get a volume discount that they pass along to their customers, which may explain the slight difference in posted rates.

Wellington NZ
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental

Hi,

Both quotes are for the Cabriolet convertable. Go Cook Islands price is $195 compared to $246.96 (inclusive) This is for 4 days with airport pick up/drop off. I know they both charge $30 extra for this but Island Cars also charge $20 for after hours. I think $51.96 is a considerable saving. I will go with Go Cook Islands. As I dont like using email for credit card details I may ring them.

Unless you have any other suggestions?

Many Thanks

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,031 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental

Hi

I think the two are connected.

I usually use Island Cars for rentals. However I contacted Go Cook Islands recently with an accommodation query for next year and got a reply from the same person as I've heard from in Island Cars.

The person could work in two places but I think that would be a great coincidence!

So if there is a disparity - ask why!

Just a suggestion re credit cards. If sending details via email I do it in two separate messages - the first half, followed by the second half.

I've never had a problem so far (touch wood) and I know lots of other people who regularly do the same without problems.

4. Re: Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Rarotonga