We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Grove alternative

Which Rarotonga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pauanui, New Zealand
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Palm Grove alternative

We are going to Raro in April as a family group of 12..

Travel Agent has advised some of our party who are booked at Palm Grove that there are renovations happening then, no pool etc (but an upgrade is available???) I know this is the Travel Agents responsibility but I dont think they will be happy there.

Any suggestions for alternative somewhere between Palm Grove & Arapati & Henri Villa where other family are staying? These people would prefer hotel / motel style rather than a rental home.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,783 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Grove alternative

Have a look at Cooks Bay Villas - posters mention some good deals.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Grove alternative

Bubbles, If the renovations involve the garden units at Palm Grove - then the upgrade would possibly involve an upgrade to one of their beachfront bungalows. If the upgrade is at little or no extra cost I would be considering the upgrade at Palm Grove. The garden units are across the road from the beach & I would think work on those wouldn't cause any inconvenience if you were staying beachfront. IMO the pool wasn't great anyway - when staying at Palm Grove we never used the pool.

Alternatively, Palm Grove also manages a few properties in this area (we've stayed at Tupes Beach House) - they may be able to provide one of these properties at a reduced rate as a "sweetener".

The reason I have made the above suggestion is because I feel the management & staff at Palm Grove have always been easy to get along with, the stretch of beach in front of PG is lovely & the situation could work to your friends advantage.

If all else fails, then I wholeheartedly agree with nzlilibet - Cooks Bay Villas look very nice & I'm sure they'd be very happy there.

Pauanui, New Zealand
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Grove alternative

thankyou both for your suggestions. The upgrade is not for Beachfront but I will forward these suggestions of Tupes & Cooks Bay Villas although the later may be somewhat dearer from the look of the website.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,783 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm Grove alternative

Hi again

Just another suggestion - sort of in between resort and a rental home. There is also a rental house next door in case numbers need extra room.

http://www.vaivillas.com/index.php

Just in case Fernsie's recommendations don't work.

5. Re: Palm Grove alternative

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 February 2013, 05:05
Rarotonga
Level Contributor
276 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Palm Grove alternative

Kia Orana Shine1975,

This is not meant to offend, but if you read the TA guidelines you can't use the forum as an advertising media.

Pakou

7. Re: Palm Grove alternative

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2014, 06:18