We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Grove in Mar/Apr 07....

Queensland
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Palm Grove in Mar/Apr 07....

Hi everyone,

I am looking into staying at Palm Grove round March/April next year and I would like to know if anyone has stayed there round this time of year? What is the weather like then? I hail from Brisbane, Australia so I do not mind the heat or humidity, I just hope it will not be too cool to swim...

Also does anyone else know what the difference is between the Beachfront Units and the new Matenga units?

Any advice or info would be appreciated!

Seattle, WA. USA
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Grove in Mar/Apr 07....

My favorite stretch of beach, my preferred time of year to go. April tends to be better than March - though this year one of the two weeks we had (in April) the weather was very windy with some very heavy rain. Previous visits to that part of the world though gave us generally delightful weather. Water temps will be about at their peak (or pretty close to it). Look here for air temp info:

weather.com/outlook/…

The Palm Groves orginal beachfront units are a bit more attractive (on the outside) I think, with more Polynesian flavor. Matenga units are newer though so will likely be in a bit better shape. Not been inside either though, so that's just a guess.

Ken

DCA
Springfield...
Level Contributor
407 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Grove in Mar/Apr 07....

I am staying there 96 days (but who's counting?!). As Palm Grove explained to me when I booked:

"Basically, there are 2 difference in the 2 beachfront categories - the interior decor of the beachfront studios is more polynesian with woven wall linings where as the matenga have plain walls, and the patio of the beachfront studios is elevated and so gives a more panoramic view of the lagoon, the patio of the matenga is at ground level."

Canada/Australia
Level Contributor
1,155 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palm Grove in Mar/Apr 07....

From a fellow Australian that was born and raised in Brisbane I can tell you it will be warm and humid and the water will be heavenly. Certainly not cold.

All I can say about Palm Grove is the location is excellent. I haven't been inside the Beachfront bungalows and the Matenga units weren't built yet when I was there in 2002.

4. Re: Palm Grove in Mar/Apr 07....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Rarotonga
Recent Conversations