We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Round Rarotonga Road Race 2013

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Round Rarotonga Road Race 2013

My wife and I are very excited about our trip this September to Rarotonga and Aitutaki. I'd appreciate any help or thoughts you can offer.

Any tips or information about the race?

The Mad Nutters cross island run start around 4:00 PM and the sunsets around 6:30 PM, is the trail easy to follow? I don't want to be on the trail after sunset.

I'm thinking of getting a commemorative tattoo; are there many tattoo artists on the island?

Mentioned in this post
Rarotonga
Rarotonga
Southern Cook Islands, Cook Islands
Aitutaki
Aitutaki
Southern Cook Islands, Cook Islands
Arorangi
Level Contributor
556 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Round Rarotonga Road Race 2013

Kia Orana

The Cross Island 'Nutters' run is not for the faint hearted. The track is 'marked' but it is still very easy to make a wrong turn - as was the case last year with a few runners not coming out till well after dark.

It would pay to walk the track before the actual race so as to become as familiar with the trail as you can. Just be aware that with the slippery tree roots and loose gravel - it can quickly become a real nightmare in there.

If treated with some respect - the run can still be very much a fun event.

RBB

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Round Rarotonga Road Race 2013

Thanks RBB.

I'll see about getting a tour or something lik that.

Arorangi
Level Contributor
556 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Round Rarotonga Road Race 2013

The organisers always walk the track the Sunday before the race - so maybe you could join in??

RBB

Christchurch
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Round Rarotonga Road Race 2013

What is the best way to register for the race- on arrival at Raro or on line and how? I see it is $210 if not on a Hotel Package deal or $190 with a package - is this correct, kind regards Joy van Lier

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
16,476 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Round Rarotonga Road Race 2013

Kia Orana Joy, welcome to the forum.

I'm very happy to enquire about registration and cost of doing so, if you are able to wait for the information over the next couple of days. I know several people who are training up for the RRRR, and can find out the details for you.

Hope your training is going well. Kia manuia.

6. Re: Round Rarotonga Road Race 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 September 2013, 06:49
nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,249 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Round Rarotonga Road Race 2013

Joy

It is highly recommended that people do not post their email addresses on open forums. It can lead to junk mail and all sorts of undesirable things.

I would strongly suggest that you delete your post and repost without the email address. This is for your own protection. You can do this when logged in by scrolling down 'report inappropriate content' and selecting 'remove my post'. It will be done very quickly.

If you want to send your email address to Frangipani I suggest you send it via PM (private message).

Edited: 11 September 2013, 04:44
Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,476 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Round Rarotonga Road Race 2013

Hi Joy,

I'll check with other RRRR entrants later tomorrow and reply to you then.

Ka kite e kia manuia.

Lake Macquarie...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Round Rarotonga Road Race 2013

According to dmck.com, entries for the RRRR close on 12th September.

All entry prices are listed on the site.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,476 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Round Rarotonga Road Race 2013

Hi Joy,

Registrations for the event will remain open leading up to the race-day. No pressure to book online before you arrive on the rock! Not sure if I understood correctly whether registrations close the day before the actual race however, and not on the very day. Email the organisers if you remain unsure about their final closing date -which they assure me has been extended beyond the 12th (tomorrow here).

I also found out that the difference in pricing is due to several accommodators being involved in sponsorship for the events. An incentive is therefore available to book at one of the properties listed, thus allowing competitors to take up a discounted registration accordingly.

All the very best.