We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swim up bar

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
swim up bar

Could someone please inform me which accomodation in Rarotonga has a swim up bar

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
15,669 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: swim up bar

Kia Orana Illola, welcome to the forum.

The Pool at Club Raro was originally constructed as a swim-up bar. Over the years, and under various ownership/management, the original concept has changed somewhat - although the pool remains alongside the sunken bar. From having cocktails there recently, I'm reasonably sure that our hostess was taking drinks orders from people in the pool.

The Rarotongan Resort has their pool located alongside Capt Andy's bar and grill there. It's not a swim-up bar though. You could email the Rarotongan to see if their bar attendants will serve patrons who are in the pool - info@rarotongan.co.ck

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,105 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: swim up bar

Hi Illola

Another thought is the Little Polynesian Resort.

Not a swim-up bar, but the gorgeous infinity pool overlooking the beach and lagoon is right next to the restaurant and bar. I would suspect that the staff would serve drinks to those in the pool if asked.

You could check with them - sales@littlepolynesian.com

Canada/Australia
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: swim up bar

I thought the sanctuary adults only part of the Rarotongan had a swim up bar.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,105 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: swim up bar

DonnaMaree

You're absolutely right!

http://www.sanctuaryrarotonga.com/accom.html

5. Re: swim up bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Rarotonga
Recent Conversations