We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rarotonga at the end of October....many things are booked.

Which Rarotonga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wine Country...
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Rarotonga at the end of October....many things are booked.

I guess we were naïve and did not realize this was a high season in the Cooks. Being from Maui, where it is a low or shoulder season, we assumed it would be the same. We are finding many things booked and nothing reasonable available (that we have been able to locate) in the Muri, Titikaveka or Vaimanga areas. We prefer as close to swimming beach as possible, but also some privacy and quiet. We have found availability at Treehouse B & B Airorangi and an apartment not too far off the road in Matavera, Ferns cottage....is anyone familiar with these lodgings or have a recommendation for us? We are a mature couple, but active and like our privacy. We are on a budget and prefer to be $120NZ or under, with a little leeway for the right place. We appreciate any feedback.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,783 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rarotonga at the end of October....many things are booked.

Hi

At this late stage, it might be a good idea to contact an agent who is likely to be aware of what is available in your price range.

I haven't used him but Eddie at RentRaro is highly thought of - in fact the company won an award last year, I think. This is the link.

http://www.rentraro.com/

Good luck. October is a great time to visit Raro.

Canada/Australia
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rarotonga at the end of October....many things are booked.

I believe it's Australian and New Zealand school holidays. I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong.:)

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,783 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rarotonga at the end of October....many things are booked.

You should be OK as far as school holidays are concerned.

Most NZ schools return to school on 14 October. In Australia it varies from State to State but they seem to start the final term between 7 and 14 October.

Canada/Australia
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rarotonga at the end of October....many things are booked.

Oops didn't see the end of October part.

The island was very busy this past two weeks when we were there. Most so than it has ever been before.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,144 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rarotonga at the end of October....many things are booked.

Kia Orana leeyoung, welcome to the forum.

Here are a few places around your budget:

1. Muri area:

- Tiana's Beach Villas

- Muri Beach Cottages

- Arcadia Cottage

2. Titikaveka:

- Bella Beach Lodge

- The Beach Lodge

3. Aroa - Kavera:

- Vaikoi - studio

- Aroa Kainga

- Kavera Beach Haven

4. south Arorangi

- Moana Sunset

Matavera doesn't have good swimming, with a rocky (coral boulders) shoreline and turbulent lagoon water.

All the best with your search. There are other areas of the island to consider, including the NW, with new studios being completed at present. Kia manuia

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,144 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rarotonga at the end of October....many things are booked.

Another site to book accommodation is www.wotif.com.

Had a quick look for end of October, and I see Aroa Kainga showing vacancies for end of October. Both this property, and Vaikoi, are within 1 - 2 minutes walk of a lovely beach area. Aroa has a marine reserve for good snorkelling and swimming. Licenced dining within the immediate area, and walking distance to the village store.

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,555 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rarotonga at the end of October....many things are booked.

I would second you getting in contact with Eddie at RentRaro he is fantastic to deal with

Regards

Suzi

Masterton, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rarotonga at the end of October....many things are booked.

You could also try kuras kabanas in Muri - she has a small apartment on the hillside that I think from memory is $120 per night - it is called the Mini Villa

9. Re: Rarotonga at the end of October....many things are booked.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2014, 06:18