We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding at The Rarotongan Beach Resort and Spa

Which Rarotonga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding at The Rarotongan Beach Resort and Spa

Hi Everyone,

My fiance and I are planning on getting married at the Rarotongan Beach Resort in the Treetops Verandah Restaurant and have been dealing with a coordinator for quotes. From what I read on here I get that the resort is looking a bit tired and the service is a little bit slow.

We would really appreciate any feedback on the Resort with particular regard to Weddings, The Treetops Verandah and the service. Is it as nice as the photo's?

If you can leave a comment it would be very much appreciated, booking a destination wedding is always a challenge but luckily we're both part Cook Islander so we have been before,just not to this resort.

Thanks everyone

:)

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
12,897 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding at The Rarotongan Beach Resort and Spa

Kia Orana Melodee, welcome to the forum.

I'm sure your wedding plans will go splendidly! Working alongside a wedding co-ordinator who knows the venue and how to obtain the level of service you personally require will help enormously.

The private room setting is pleasant - located above the main dining and pool area. Aroa beach itself is a wonderful setting for a wedding. It's a small area though, but somehow everyone manages to utilise the space to good advantage.

Suggest you look at all the TA reviews (more so the ones posted in the past year) to see how well the resort fits with your own vision of a wedding - tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1467013-d30709…

Congratulations and all the best. Kia manuia.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding at The Rarotongan Beach Resort and Spa

Thank you for the welcome and advice, I shall have a look through them.

Auckland Region...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding at The Rarotongan Beach Resort and Spa

Hi Melodee :-)

just wondering how it is all going with your wedding planning? My fiance and I are also wanting to go with the Rarotongan Beach Resort and Spa (an use the treetops restaurant) and I would love it if you could give me any feedback so far on how all your organizing is going. We plan on having our wedding in October 2015 so at least I still have some time

Thanks

Miriam

NZ
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding at The Rarotongan Beach Resort and Spa

Got married there last October anx had our reception in tree top room, it was all well organized by our wedding planner Adele. Food was awsome and there was actually too much food. Service great and they do really look after you. We had a group of 50 attend our wedding and everyone seemedvto have an awsome time.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding at The Rarotongan Beach Resort and Spa

Hi Miriam,

Sorry for the late reply. Booking the venue and ceremony was fairly painless and Victor (wedding planner) was helpful. We are approaching the big day and will start the emails with them again just to iron out a few details of the decorations, sound equipment and program. I will let you know how I go after everything is done.

All the best.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding at The Rarotongan Beach Resort and Spa

Hey There,

Thanks so much for your comment, it's definitely help boost my confidence. Lots of food and organised is all you can really ask for on the big day so I'm glad to hear it. We can't wait!

Much appreciated

7. Re: Wedding at The Rarotongan Beach Resort and Spa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 18:54
Edited: 06 November 2014, 18:54
8. Re: Wedding at The Rarotongan Beach Resort and Spa

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 18:54
Edited: 06 November 2014, 18:54
9. Re: Wedding at The Rarotongan Beach Resort and Spa

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2015, 06:16