We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in May

Which Rarotonga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in May

Hi there,

My partner and I are visiting Rarotonga for the first time in May.

Just wondering what we can expect weather wise? I've heard that it is the start of the dry season?

Also, we are staying at Muri Beachcomber. It looks lovely. Has anyone had any experience there?

Thanks for your help,

Audrey

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,729 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in May

Hi Corkgirlontour

May is a lovely time of year - the humidity is lower, but the weather is lovely and warm and the lagoon very pleasant for swimming.

I've stayed twice at Muri Beachcomber in the past - a very nice small property and well located for restaurants in the area. If you're intending to use the excellent bus service there's a bus stop right outside the entrance.

Have a look at the reviews and if you've any other questions ask away. I also suggest you contact Cardiffbeachbums who stays there just about every year.

Have a look at the webcam thread - you'll get a view of the lagoon not far from where you'll be staying.

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,144 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in May

Kia Orana Corkgirlontour, welcome to the forum.

Weather in May can be a mix of showers and sunshine. For several years now, our weather hasn't been settled, with drier summers occurring, and more precipitation spread over winter months. Hopefully you'll experience some sunny days during your visit. Would pay to bring a light shower-proof jacket just in case.

Muri village where the Beachcomber is located, always has a lot happening within it's golden-mile. You'll be within the centre of activity, which is great from an entertainment and lagoon-based activities perspective.

Enjoy your visit. Kia manuia.

3. Re: Weather in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2015, 05:17