We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using cloth nappies in Rarotonga

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Using cloth nappies in Rarotonga

Am travelling to Rarotonga with toddler later this year who may still be in nappies. Don't think will be staying in self contained accommodation which has laundry unfortunately. I use cloth nappies at home and would like to on holiday too if possible so as not to add to the landfill problem they have in Raro. Do many of the resorts have self-service laundry for those staying in rooms without washing machines? I would prefer this to sending to laundry service. Otherwise would I just have to wash in bathroom sink? At this stage we are possibly staying in Edgewater garden room.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using cloth nappies in Rarotonga

Hi Liz_Mo1982.

You are to be commended for your consideration of the environmental challenges faced by small Pacific nations.

I note in another post you mention you are considering staying at the Edgewater resort.

The Edgewater Resort website states that they have onsite guest self laundry facilities as well as providing a guest laundry service.

Edited: 20 July 2014, 02:55
Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
14,266 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using cloth nappies in Rarotonga

Kia Orana Liz,

CITC Pharmacy sells cloth nappies, made on Rarotonga, should you require these.

The Edgewater Resort has coin-operated auto washers and driers in their centralised guest laundry.

Not too far from the resort (towards Manuia Beach) is Ma's Washaway laundry service, with reasonable charges.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Using cloth nappies in Rarotonga

I missed that on their website. thank you

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Using cloth nappies in Rarotonga

I already have plenty of cloth nappies already so no need to purchase. good to know there are local reasonably priced laundry services if we end up staying elsewhere.

5. Re: Using cloth nappies in Rarotonga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Rarotonga